Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

SSP CMC v2/v3 frustration.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
not bad, i spent 700 for my evo 9 conversion CMC for my X(installed)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Talon_66
Magnus Motorsports just released their CMC kit, and its cheaper.
I would rather have cancer then deal with Magnus in any way, shape, or form.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

I got the SSP v2 and it works fine for me. I have had it on for 2 months now and not a single problem.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

to all those who doubted the op, I have the same problem. The MCv2 i received wasnt assembled, and is now leaking. I had to bring it back to the tranny shop, have them take the entire mc out to verify the seal was leaking. Now I have to ship the MC back to SSP so they can fix it, b/c they wont have any more new ones untill late next week. So now i have extra shipping costs, and another bill for labor at the tranny shop....... not happy, but what can i do?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Magnus unit looks sweet. Does it use EVO IX MC? I like their parts. Intake manifolds are awesome! Wish they made one for the X. I have the DG conversion and worked perfectly out of the box but was a biatch to install.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Guru
Magnus unit looks sweet. Does it use EVO IX MC? I like their parts. Intake manifolds are awesome! Wish they made one for the X. I have the DG conversion and worked perfectly out of the box but was a biatch to install.
They're not saying which exact cylinder it is, but they did say it's an actual OEM unit that's been through actual durability testing (200,000 strokes with a 1900 lb. pressure plate or something like that...).
Old Aug 20, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wilddog
I would rather have cancer then deal with Magnus in any way, shape, or form.
What problems have you had with Magnus?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah...I'm seeing too many posts like this over different forums...two of my friends run the new unit without a problem..but just my luck..I'll buy it..and end up like the op...I think the Magnus unit is the way to go...as long as it works..and doesn't fail..that's all I care about..an install..is an install..ya know..
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bighec
What problems have you had with Magnus?
The same problems that everyone in the area has had with them. There's a reason why most DSMers in Toronto stay the hell away from magnus.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ImsoevoX
Yeah...I'm seeing too many posts like this over different forums...two of my friends run the new unit without a problem..but just my luck..I'll buy it..and end up like the op...I think the Magnus unit is the way to go...as long as it works..and doesn't fail..that's all I care about..an install..is an install..ya know..
If you do purchase it, just make sure that its completely assembled when you get it. By that I mean make sure that the arm that connects to the plunger and the ball joint for the clutch pedal are already assembled like in the pictures ssp has. If they're not, i suggest you contact kriss or jeremy.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:41 PM

It is a fact, you will have an issue with v1 and v2 sooner or later. It's not a maybe, just a matter of time. I'm on my second "v2" and it went out and leaked last night leaving me stranded again. I am going to call the guys tomorrow and see how they handle this.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 05:49 PM

Hey all, been a while. Well, Kris from ssp handle my problem regarding the ssp v2 a couple of months back. it worked out great, until now. As you can prolly tell, my clutch pedal is on the floor agian lol. Good thing towing was convered by my insurance. I'm gonna call SSP tomorrow to see my options if i'm still on warranty. Gonna be dismantling it this week and prolly sending it out to them if it is still on warranty. One's i get it back i will mostly likely install it myself, to save some dollars (install instruction is pretty simple but have no experience in "bleeding").
If it is no longer in warranty, any ideas on what replacement CMC that is atleast proven? Heard some bad news on the Magnus (with their own CMC, buying the actualy evo 9 cmc from dealer should be good) or SSP V3? Only problem i have also on Magnus kit is the drilling part lol.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I have had my SSP CMC V3 installed for 2500 miles with no problems so far.I had to replace the seals on my V2 twice and then decided to go with the newer version.You can send in your V2 and get it upgraded to a V3. Just give SSP a call.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 09:07 PM

Yep, emailed kris. Told him what happened and he said he'll send me a v3 with no hassle. Now that's what i call costumer service =P
Old May 3, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by d3athr3at
Yep, emailed kris. Told him what happened and he said he'll send me a v3 with no hassle. Now that's what i call costumer service =P
I'm presuming there have been no further issues since you got a v3?

Quick Reply: SSP CMC v2/v3 frustration.