Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

SSP CMC v2/v3 frustration.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSP CMC v2/v3 frustration.

OK. I'm really pissed and just wanna blow some steam so bear with me guys. 2 weeks or so ago i had my clutch, flywheel, and CMC installed by Iveytuning. All of them are still in box and unoppened except the flywheel (since when i recieve the box it was so huge, and wasn't sure if it was the right part number so i checked. Now, CMC is leaking and needs to be fixed. Here comes the frustration, SSP doesnt want to replace the part since they said iveytuning recieved the part dis-assembled which caused the leak. Iveytuning said when they recieve the CMC was dis-assembled when they open the box (CMC still in shipping package sealed and not tampered). SSP is willing to send the seals, however, i iveytuning noted that i would have to pay for the re-install and assembly of the CMC. it was 450 to get that thing isntalled and not sure how much will it cost to remove, re-assemble w/ new seals / ,and reinstall the unit. THis is very aggrevating.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
With all of the issues surrounding SSP's CMC, I would demand a refund of both parts/labor.

You can always take them to Small claims court if you have to.

Look for a conversion to an Evo IX CMC.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I agree there has to be a better option. I am VERY suprised no one else has stepped up to the plate with a cost effective option.

Bryan
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

I got the newest SSP CMC and it works great. I would call ssp since they have some of the best support I have ever experienced
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HiI'mDustin
I got the newest SSP CMC and it works great. I would call ssp since they have some of the best support I have ever experienced
+1...I've had my SSP cmc v2 for 2 months now and no prob yet. Maybe it was a fluke bad one.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by d3athr3at
OK. I'm really pissed and just wanna blow some steam so bear with me guys. 2 weeks or so ago i had my clutch, flywheel, and CMC installed by Iveytuning. All of them are still in box and unoppened except the flywheel (since when i recieve the box it was so huge, and wasn't sure if it was the right part number so i checked. Now, CMC is leaking and needs to be fixed. Here comes the frustration, SSP doesnt want to replace the part since they said iveytuning recieved the part dis-assembled which caused the leak. Iveytuning said when they recieve the CMC was dis-assembled when they open the box (CMC still in shipping package sealed and not tampered). SSP is willing to send the seals, however, i iveytuning noted that i would have to pay for the re-install and assembly of the CMC. it was 450 to get that thing isntalled and not sure how much will it cost to remove, re-assemble w/ new seals / ,and reinstall the unit. THis is very aggrevating.
Besides your post today on the "other forum" this is the first I've heard of the situation. I'm not sure how it came disassembled cause Kris doesn't send them out that way. We bench test all the units before they go out, and you need special tool to remove the c-clip.

-Jeremy@SSP
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:59 AM

SSP's customer service is awesome. ALways get a chance to talk to someone, but my main problem is, their reluctant in replacing the item since "it was disassembled by someone". I don't wanna blame anyone about this but i'm just pissed of porbable loss of $$$. And, i'm sorry Iveytuning love you guys but have to say it, why would anyone install a product that's obviously defective if it was disassembled when they recieve it without notifying myself or the manufacturer. And doesn't those come with instructions? ahhh my head hurts. Well kris@ssp is helping me out a bit and asking him to send some pictures. Ill give you guys an update on the outcome of this... predicament.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by d3athr3at
SSP's customer service is awesome. ALways get a chance to talk to someone, but my main problem is, their reluctant in replacing the item since "it was disassembled by someone". I don't wanna blame anyone about this but i'm just pissed of porbable loss of $$$. And, i'm sorry Iveytuning love you guys but have to say it, why would anyone install a product that's obviously defective if it was disassembled when they recieve it without notifying myself or the manufacturer. And doesn't those come with instructions? ahhh my head hurts. Well kris@ssp is helping me out a bit and asking him to send some pictures. Ill give you guys an update on the outcome of this... predicament.

Last edited by jsr426; Aug 17, 2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jsr426
If there's anything I can do to help please call my cell any time.

-Jeremy@SSP

Cell: 443-636-0530
Jeremy is awesome and got me taken care of!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SS went out of there way to make me happy. And if you really got the V2, it comes assembled. Something does not add up. One of the reasons they went to the V2 was to make sure it was assembled by SSP so that the seals could not be messed up. The other reason was because the stock spring was not strong enough. On a side note I have taken mine in and out so many times now it only took me 1 1/2 hours to put in the V2 start to finish. Been working great for 3000 miles now.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Magnus Motorsports just released their CMC kit, and its cheaper.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, I never had problems with my version one MC from SSP. They even sent me out the version two free of cost...granted they hauled my car from MN to test the MC, they were still awesome for me and I was happy to help contribute to the community.

I think SSP is a stand up place for sure and will continue to support them. I fully understand you are upset, but the blame may not be SSP. Did you ever think that maybe the installer botched it, and maybe blamed SSP?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Talon_66
Magnus Motorsports just released their CMC kit, and its cheaper.
We have a winner! http://magnusmotorsports.com/?page_i...&product_id=95
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
We have a winner!
It's adjustable and looks like they made a mounting plate for an existing cylinder, rather than designing a new one (and all of the issues that has entailed). Glad I waited on this one.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mlomker
It's adjustable and looks like they made a mounting plate for an existing cylinder, rather than designing a new one (and all of the issues that has entailed). Glad I waited on this one.
Wow, The install looks like it will be even worse then the SSP version. But looks like a quality piece.

Quick Reply: SSP CMC v2/v3 frustration.