Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Video of ETS 200Cell HFC with ETS V2 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking UPDATED w/ more vids 9-5-2010! ETS V2 exhaust WOT

I thought I should post this video of the ETS HFC and V2 exhaust because I'm not sure how many people know that they will weld a 200 Cell cat to their test pipe if you call and request it in the order.

I called Michael and he was able to get my order in promptly, he shipped my parts + an FMIC kit across the US in about 2 1/2 weeks. Here's the posting of that dyno tune with all the parts installed video included.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ight-mods.html

The ETS V2 exhaust is SO beastly sounding! I simply love taking this car out with the deep throaty sounds it breathes everywhere. With the amplified volume from the 200 Cell HFC it just demands attention.

Here is a video of my 1st start. It's a cold start and I am a bit tired since I did the wrenching myself in 104 degree heat. This is a bad *** exhaust and I encourage others who's looking for deep sounding demons coming from their car to take a look here.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffORmI53MAg

As requested I had a friend go out with me to my favorite place on earth and snag some WOT videos of my EVO X MR. I hope you enjoy these, this gives a good perspective of how this exhaust sounds!

Be sure to select 720P!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIY8h_b7hE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpJY-qIlJPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1m2CnTDFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2KNJ1iiUdo

Last edited by Midnighyt; Sep 5, 2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added more videos
Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the video. I had pmed Micheal about getting a cat on their test pipe, I was surprised that they were willing to put a cat or a resonator on there. I will be placing my order for the ETS HFC in the coming weeks.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

dam.. that sounds sweet
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
+1 for ETS quality. Pure sex!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Great Video, mind if I use it?

Michael
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Great Video, mind if I use it?

Michael

not at all.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
EvoM Community Team

You just screwed yourself out of the ETS royalty program. You could have asked for like $10,000!!!!

(k, maybe not )
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
You just screwed yourself out of the ETS royalty program. You could have asked for like $10,000!!!!

(k, maybe not )

maybe I can get a decal?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:09 PM

Sounds incredible

I was told that the ETS V2 was loud, so I have started looking in a diff direction. However, this video made it seem kinda tame. It has a deep tone with no noticeable rasp.

So is this exhaust loud or just moderately loud? For reference, the current exhaust I decided on, but haven't ordered, is the BR crossflow.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
EvoM Community Team

I'd definitely take this exhaust over the BR crossflow.

The ETS just isn't considered a quiet exhaust. But it has a gorgeous tone, very deep. It isn't a LOUD exhaust, like you hear with some of the singles. But it isn't on the quiet side of the spectrum for duals either.

Keep in mind he didn't open it up at all. And also keep in mind exhausts usually have a bit of a break-in period before you get their true sound.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kiloalpha
Sounds incredible

I was told that the ETS V2 was loud, so I have started looking in a diff direction. However, this video made it seem kinda tame. It has a deep tone with no noticeable rasp.

So is this exhaust loud or just moderately loud? For reference, the current exhaust I decided on, but haven't ordered, is the BR crossflow.

these pipes are pretty damn loud! my car sets off my Camaro's stock alarm just idling in the morning. I set off car alarms rolling around in the parking garage. I can snag some drive by vids on my HD cam when I get someone to hold it for me.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it's my favorite thing on my car. at first i was worried it was too loud but now i'm considering the straight pipe rear section for the hell of it. i'm running a test pipe though so i don't know how much louder mine is compared to one with a hfc.

i set off car alarms when driving in a city-like setting or parking garage. it sounds so mean.....there aren't many other street cars that sound like it.

Sounds incredible

ride out to philly area and hear mine or give me a call and i'll cold start it in the garage for you over the phone. pm if serious

Last edited by dek0026; Aug 23, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:31 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Midnighyt
I can snag some drive by vids on my HD cam when I get someone to hold it for me.
Would appreciate it, thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

in car + WOT vids please
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds incredible

It is pretty loud. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or even let the video fool you. It does sound sweet, but it is loud. I have the same setup as OP except I have a 300 cell cat and quad tip. I also have a resonated midpipe. There is absolutely no rasp in the note for any of the ETS variants for the X as far as I know. Just a deep and loud growl.

Quick Reply: Video of ETS 200Cell HFC with ETS V2 exhaust