Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS o2/dp + ETS tp + T1R S76 cb - any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS o2/dp + ETS tp + T1R S76 cb - any thoughts?

Trying to pick components.

I love the ETS O2/Downpipe and test pipe design, but I'd like to pair it with a TR1 S76 cat back, as I heard the complete ETS turbo back is pretty loud.

I wish the testpipe had a resonator but I like the bend they engineered in to prevent rattling. Does the bend prevent a resonator?

Anyone running this combo?

thanks...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

I've sure if you ask Michael he'll do a resonator for you somehow. Shoot him a PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

I just saw the other ETS thread where the guy is running a 200 cell HFC in the TP. That will do!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:52 AM

Loud? Not at all. I think its like perfect.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

ETS can add an extra 12" resonator onto their catback. Its an option. There are NO fitment issues.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NotAnEvoOwner
Loud? Not at all. I think its like perfect.
Can you tell me what you are running? DP, TP, Cat back, any HFC or resonators etc?

EDIT:
Nevermind just realized you were the 200 cell V2 owner. How is the WOT in car? How many cats have you put in trees?

Last edited by ToddMcF2002; Aug 25, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'll put a plug in for my metal Ultimate Racing high flow cat. I might as well be running a test pipe. I had one HPDE inspection shop tell me that it'd never pass inspection. haha. It's a beast. Not SUPER loud, but respectable loud, but only a drone over 60 if you're in the rear. Front drone isn't a problem. But the flow is so awesome, I've been told its a perfect sound.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by journeymansteve
I'll put a plug in for my metal Ultimate Racing high flow cat. I might as well be running a test pipe. I had one HPDE inspection shop tell me that it'd never pass inspection. haha. It's a beast. Not SUPER loud, but respectable loud, but only a drone over 60 if you're in the rear. Front drone isn't a problem. But the flow is so awesome, I've been told its a perfect sound.
What I don't get is that lots of test pipes have a bend and this one doesn't. From the pics it looks perfectly strait. Does that make it incompatible with other cat backs?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

I'd make a GUESS that it'd fit, but might have "clearance" issues compared to those with bends. I have a bend in my HFC, and that seems common. The CBE would simply mount "higher" or "lower" (betting higher) and then you might end up with CBE issues rubbing on things like the drive shaft or gas tank heat shield. Which you might end up having anyway.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
We can add a resonator / cat to the mid pipe on the evo x exhaust if you want. It's an additional $100 for the resonator or cat. This will save some time on shipping the test pipe back for modification.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks!

Michael
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Ive got the ETS O2 dump, straight test pipe and perrin CBE and it sounds very nice cruising (not loud at all but a good grumble) and sounds like a raped ape when I open it up. Its a great combo in my eyes..... but the Perrin was also talked to be somewhat on the quiet end of the spectrum for noise levels.

HIGHLY suggest the ETS parts... they really are beautifully made