Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

New ETS Exhaust?! Quiet Version??? Details Inside.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010 | 12:42 AM

Thanks for the review and sound clip! I like it.
Old Sep 22, 2010 | 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Sounds the same on our big turbo car, Huge difference between the v2 and the v2 quiet. I can't wait to hear it on a stock turbo. It's going to be QUIIEETTT!
Old Sep 22, 2010 | 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Your rear V2 quiet muffler alone costs more than what Megan Racing charges for their full stainless catback. I might just sell my current V2 and get the Megan if thats the case.
Old Sep 29, 2010 | 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Review From The Other Board.

Originally Posted by DevilsGSR
First off I'll let everyone know I'm going to expand on this review. Right now the exhaust is only a test pipe back setup until my Down pipe comes in. However for anyone looking for a cat back system can use this as a comparable in their search.

BE KIND WHEN OPENING THE BOX!!

just a warning. these guys pack their 6 foot boxes with packing peanuts... if your excited, like a fat kid getting ready to tear into a cake then you will be damned to clean up foam peanuts rather then install your new exhaust.

Construction quality is awesome. My wifes father asked me if the exhaust had been machine welded because of how good it looks. kit comes with all hardware bolted to the pipes with the flanges, so setting it up is easy and there is no fuss/mess.

Took us just under an hour to install the test pipe back. for comparision sake here are a few pictures of the stock system.

take a look at that restriction... the coloring is only after 3,000 miles... mainly highway.

Ol' School 300zx tt in the background.

Once we got the system in I couldn't wait to start it and drive around so there are fewer pictures under here lol. The fit was very tight. this exhaust can't get any closer to the car without scraping or "rattling" on the underside of the car. the rear muffler is very close to some of the plastic underneath. we chose to trim a bit of it in order to keep heat off of plastics. However you DO NOT need to trim or cut anything if you don't want to. Simply a detail we decieded to do "just in case". FYI, after driving about 150 miles I have noticed the rear muffler does not get nearly as hot as the stock unit and probably wouldn't melt your hard plastics even if they are touching the muffler seams.

Position of the muffler and tips is Mucho extremo bettero. the muffler doesn't hang down and there isn't 15 inches of clearance between the tips and the rear diffuser. The exhaust looks like it should have from the factory in the first place.

Sound:

This system was perfect for me. on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being stock and 10 being strait piped. I personally give this system a 5. When you are cruising around and not getting into anything serious you can barely hear it. (don't misunderstand you CAN indeed hear it, just driving around the street). at highway speeds when out of the throttle you can't hear it. However, if you let the beast out it will "growl" at you. Very deep tone for a 2.0 4 cyl. much deeper then I expected to hear out of my car.

Direct link to standing idle/rev video.
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...STPback014.mp4

I would suggest that anyone that wants a deep tone streetable exhaust give this one a shot.

Happy Motoring,

-Devs
Old Sep 29, 2010 | 05:39 PM

Wow that sounds sweet. Not too loud but still deep enough. I can't wait to order mine.
Old Sep 30, 2010 | 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor

It's a huge improvement over the stock setup.

Michael
Old Oct 1, 2010 | 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Can we have an option for rolled titanium tips?
Old Oct 1, 2010 | 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor

We don't have access to the Ti tips.

Michael