Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Just opened AGP intake... no BOV hoses?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everything is so damn close together on this car... I am trying to get the inlet pipe as high up as I can without it not being sealed well.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

yeah I suggest getting everything all lined up and together before you tighten everthing down! Do you pretty much have it now!?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOXMAINE
yeah I suggest getting everything all lined up and together before you tighten everthing down! Do you pretty much have it now!?
actually, you're going to want to shoot me, but no, i'm putting the stock stuff back on. I didn't realize how much cutting and such would be involved with putting this on and I don't have that same UICP you do which would make the job 10 times easier. Most people say the actual number gain is very little if any until you making some serious power, which i'm at about 330 now which isn't bad, but I just don't like the fitment of this thing at all. I don't know... it's been a long month for me.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that man... I think once you get everything set up right you will love it. Mine worked out perfect and fits great, but I do have the rest of the kit... I can imagine in my head how to route the bov piping, but it would be hard to explain. Well if I can help you out at all let me know I am sure you would like it when it is on!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to be a complete moron to screw this up. You gave up too easily. Did you order this from AGP? Cold air intake kit correct? They tell you that you're going to cut the bov hose right in the instructions, hell they even tell you 8 inches or so of hose you'll need to cut to run between the bov and the recirc bung on your new intake in order to recirculate. They're not going to provide you with an entire "picture-book". You've owned evo's before according to your avatar..now I'm starting to wonder...

The most difficult aspect of this install is the removing of your front bumper with all those dang clips and bolts underneath. After that it's pretty much a straight shot.
But after the fact you WILL run a P0171 - SYSTEM TOO LEAN code and need to get a tune to account for the 3" intake.

***Step 7 on your instructions states "In order to attach the factory bov to the AGP intake, you will cut the factory hose about 8 inches back. You will then use the remaining factory hose to connect to the AGP intake recirc tube.***

Last edited by pghdsm; Sep 23, 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't even take the bumper off to install mine... Why would you!?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pghdsm
You have to be a complete moron to screw this up. You gave up too easily. Did you order this from AGP? Cold air intake kit correct? They tell you that you're going to cut the bov hose right in the instructions, hell they even tell you 8 inches or so of hose you'll need to cut to run between the bov and the recirc bung on your new intake in order to recirculate. They're not going to provide you with an entire "picture-book". You've owned evo's before according to your avatar..now I'm starting to wonder...

The most difficult aspect of this install is the removing of your front bumper with all those dang clips and bolts underneath. After that it's pretty much a straight shot.
But after the fact you WILL run a P0171 - SYSTEM TOO LEAN code and need to get a tune to account for the 3" intake.

***Step 7 on your instructions states "In order to attach the factory bov to the AGP intake, you will cut the factory hose about 8 inches back. You will then use the remaining factory hose to connect to the AGP intake recirc tube.***
don't get on my thread and call me a moron you F*cking little ******... MY kit didn't come with instructions.. I had to have all 4 lame pictures emailed to me by AGP, MY kit didn't come with extra piping for the BOV thank you very much.. I knew I could have gotten it, but i'd rather it not look like some white trash POS ... such as yourself did it.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah and if you would have taken his advice you would have the whole front end of the car torn apart just to install an intake...
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't even take the bumper off to install mine... Why would you!?
You need to place the filter at the end of the piping in your fender well, you can't squeeze the piping with the filter attached down through the engine bay.

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
don't get on my thread and call me a moron you F*cking little ******... MY kit didn't come with instructions.. I had to have all 4 lame pictures emailed to me by AGP, MY kit didn't come with extra piping for the BOV thank you very much.. I knew I could have gotten it, but i'd rather it not look like some white trash POS ... such as yourself did it.
Wow, very mature aren't we?

the instruction suck too... 4 whole pictures that don't show me ****... I can't even tell if this thing is for a IX or X?
YOU stated there were 4 pictures on the instructions..contradicting yourself all over the place.
There is no extra piping for the bov, you modify your existing hose. Get some class, trade in your car and buy a Prius.

Last edited by pghdsm; Sep 23, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Buddy you are not helping anything... And calling someone that you don't even know a moron is super mature!!! How about instead of taking the whole bumper off just undo the fender liner!? I don't have this problem because I have no fogs, but this seems like the best idea rather than taking the bumper off every time you need to clean the filter...either way you aren't helping things by calling him a moron... He said he didn't get directions he got them emailed to him .
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

You need to place the filter at the end of the piping in your fender well, you can't squeeze the piping with the filter attached down through the engine bay.

Wow, very mature aren't we?

YOU stated there were 4 pictures on the instructions..contradicting yourself all over the place.
There is no extra piping for the bov, you modify your existing hose. Get some class, trade in your car and buy a Prius.
why don't you go wash your car and don't forget to take the front and rear bumper off.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Buddy you are not helping anything... And calling someone that you don't even know a moron is super mature!!! How about instead of taking the whole bumper off just undo the fender liner!? I don't have this problem because I have no fogs, but this seems like the best idea rather than taking the bumper off every time you need to clean the filter...either way you aren't helping things by calling him a moron... He said he didn't get directions he got them emailed to him .

he's just a noob that apparently thinks he knows everything.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

if anyone else has this intake installed and wants to show pics of how they went about hooking up the BOV without having the AGP IC pipe with it, please do post them and I will consider installing mine.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

he's just a noob that apparently thinks he knows everything.
Nah, I've actually been involved in DSMs for 10 years so I've got experience when it comes to these cars, don't base your assumptions on my post count.

But I'm done making remarks that don't help your situation. When I get off work later I'll post a PDF of the instructions.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Nah, I've actually been involved in DSMs for 10 years so I've got experience when it comes to these cars, don't base your assumptions on my post count.

But I'm done making remarks that don't help your situation. When I get off work later I'll post a PDF of the instructions.
I appreciate the offer, but no thank you.

Quick Reply: Just opened AGP intake... no BOV hoses?