Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

E85 Help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E85 Help

ok so i ordered the evo 9 fuel filter bc i know it is e85 capable. my question is this, i know i need to replace the fuel lines in the tank bc they get gunky. Im gonna get fuel tubing at pep boys that is e85 capable. What suze in diameter and how much length do i need. Also bc i took the stock fuel pump that means i am only running the sock filter, right? Will the evo 9 filter be enough or do i need to add a second filter.

Last edited by usarmy1113; Sep 29, 2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:11 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i didnt hear anyone had to replace the lines?
you can reuse the filter if its in good shape, for an extra $10 you can get the whole kit.
sounds like you should ask your tuner these questions first.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 05:25 AM

You cant te use the evo x filter, its not e85 compatible. Why make such a dumb coomment when clearly you know nothing about e85. The in tank lines have to be changed too.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most of these questions have been answered in the E85 thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...iscussion.html
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:14 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by usarmy1113
ok so i ordered the evo 9 fuel filter bc i know it is e85 capable. my question is this, i know i need to replace the fuel lines in the tank bc they get gunky. Im gonna get fuel tubing at pep boys that is e85 capable. What suze in diameter and how much length do i need. Also bc i took the stock fuel pump that means i am only running the sock filter, right? Will the evo 9 filter be enough or do i need to add a second filter.
You cant te use the evo x filter, its not e85 compatible. Why make such a dumb coomment when clearly you know nothing about e85. The in tank lines have to be changed too.
Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
i didnt hear anyone had to replace the lines?
you can reuse the filter if its in good shape, for an extra $10 you can get the whole kit.
sounds like you should ask your tuner these questions first.

your referring to your sock as the filter, I was referring to your sock too that you were referring to as a filter the sock or as you call it filter can be replaced with a kit for $10 like I said
Regarding the lines, so what if I didnt hear anything about them. I dint say anything else regarding the lines
at the end I guided you to the correct direction ASK YOUR TUNER!

your dumb coomment was uncalled for
Old Oct 3, 2010, 01:55 PM

Ok people there are two filters. Jeez. The sock filter and the paper element on the stock fuel pump. Holy ****. You take the stock pump out, bye bye paper filter (ie) not sock. You put the sock back on walbro. two minus one equals 1, which means you have one les s fuel filter. I bought the evo 9 sock filter bc it is e85 capable. Now I was asking what kinda of fuel filter should I get and what kinda lines. You have to add a second filter in the engine bay. I was asking what kind and if thats correct. So obcioudly you dont know what your talking about. And if you have e85 its not set upr right.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
You are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about. You are completely clueless it would seem actually....
Old Oct 3, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
You are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about. You are completely clueless it would seem actually....
Naw man dawg, he's in the army. You don't know jack about evos son!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 08:49 PM

Here ya go Fuel pump sock filter. The X stock sock isn't great for E85. The 8/9 sock is apparently better.
Fuel filter. The X's stock fuel filter is in the stock fuel pump (which you'll be tossing). You cannot use a generic fuel filter. It should be stainless steel or anodized aluminum. It cannot use a paper element (E85 is hydroscopic, it gather water -- water + paper = clogged injectors). Ultimate Racing has a kit that has the special fuel line connectors for attaching to the fuel rail. There has been a report of it deforming under high pressure. Most alcohol compatible filters have AN- fittings. I found two that use a normal barb fitting. Jegs carries one. Jay Racing carries a Golan unit. The Golan unit appears to flow better and filter better (it's what I bought). A cleanable one is better than one you throw away since you're going to need to clean it out about 500-1000 miles after conversion (E85 will loosen up the crud in your fuel system and the filter should catch it).
Fuel Filter lines. Plan ahead here. The lines onto the fuel rail are hard plastic lines and putting the fuel filter into these lines is a pain. They use a 5/16" fuel line connector. You can find 5/16" to 3/8" connectors/hard lines at Autozone or Oreilly, but they aren't cheap ($20-25 each). Then connect the included barb fitting (it's a heat shrink fitting) to a piece of fuel hose to connect to the fuel filter and then the same on the other end to the hard fuel line coming from the tank. **Update** You can buy these to build your own line: http://www.midwayautosupply.com/pm-4...t-800-084.aspx
Old Oct 3, 2010, 08:53 PM

Oh yeah im the idiot.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh yeah im the idiot.
I couldn't agree more. And I don't know why you sent me a PM...
Old Oct 4, 2010, 02:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
I couldn't agree more. And I don't know why you sent me a PM...

I GOT ONE TOO HERE YOU GO--->

Ok people there are two filters. Jeez. The sock filter and the paper element on the stock fuel pump. Holy ****. You take the stock pump out, bye bye paper filter (ie) not sock. You put the sock back on walbro. two minus one equals 1, which means you have one les s fuel filter. I bought the evo 9 sock filter bc it is e85 capable. Now I was asking what kinda of fuel filter should I get and what kinda lines. You have to add a second filter in the engine bay. I was asking what kind and if thats correct. So obcioudly you dont know what your talking about. And if you have e85 its not set upr right.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 02:51 AM
Account Disabled

Oh yeah im the idiot.
+1
Old Oct 4, 2010, 02:54 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

did you also get an email that you dont know what your talking about from the OP?