Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo head gasket dimensions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo head gasket dimensions

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this question, mods please move this thread if need be. I am doing a thermal heat stress project for one of my masters calsses and I am planning to use an Evo head gasket as the body to study. I wanted to know if anyone has the dimensions of it or has one lying around that they can give me measurements of. I just need to know the overall length and width and the diameter of the piston holes, which I figure should be around 86 mm. Another question would be if anyone knows what temperature the cylinder walls reach under normal operating conditions (ie daily driving, not racing or exerting the car).

Last edited by MatosEvo; Nov 16, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MatosEvo
I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this question, mods please move this thread if need be. I am doing a thermal heat stress project for one of my masters calsses and I am planning to use an Evo head gasket as the body to study. I wanted to know if anyone has the dimensions of it or has one lying around that they can give me measurements of. I just need to know the overall length and width and the diameter of the piston holes, which I figure should be around 86 mm. Another question would be if anyone knows what temperature the cylinder walls reach under normal operating conditions (ie daily driving, not racing or exerting the car).
I would suggest going on rock auto .com and buying one. They're not that expensive and you will have the part in your hands.