Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

BOV or RECIRC VALVE HELP SUGGESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOV or RECIRC VALVE HELP SUGGESTIONS

I am currently back to stock, I still have a AP BOV that I was running for about 3 weeks on my Evo. I had it 50/50 at first then 100% recirc. However I could never get it to the point of no flutter so I removed it.
I am looking for a BOV or just a recirculating valve that works better than the stock and has no flutter issues.
AP said its just a sweet spot and all adjustable BOV will have a little flutter. I don't want any flutter. I wanted to try a lighter spring ( does anyone know if a Tial spring will fit in the AP BOV).
I want something smaller than stock if possible as my stock one taps my PW:JDM strut bar, foam underneath the bar at the spot stopped the occasional rattling but the AP had clearance.
Any help with this ( providing you have used it and not just saying it looks sweet) would be appreciated.

TIA
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been e-mailing Chad from CBRD lately and he recommended the Synapse Engineering Diverter Valve.

From Synapse Engineering:
Synchronic DV is the first, truly compact, zero-diaphragm, high-flow Diverter Valve with a blistering actuation time measured at 25 milliseconds. MAF and speed density applications can apply the new design in push or pull orientation with the ability to fully re-circulate or vent-to-atmosphere the valve’s discharge. Construction is based on near-net investment casting of aerospace-grade Aluminum for the body, followed by CNC machining of all components including the forged 6061 actuator assembly. A complete selection of available mounting flanges are interchangeable between the SB and DV series and users can either upgrade from an existing BOV/DV or weld on to a new project. Boost/vacuum connections are made via 1/8th NPT threaded bosses that accept either Boost Connect™ or included nickel-plated-brass barb fittings. Each assembly is pressure tested to withstand 60 psi and positive lock clamshell retainers are included with each assembly for fitment.
Sounds like this maybe what you're looking for.

Last edited by jdizzle37; Dec 18, 2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you mean works better than stock?

crushed stock works best for stock turbo setup imo. adding bov just adds another thing to get a headache over.