Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

just got clutch and flywheel replaced... few questions..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just got clutch and flywheel replaced... few questions..

For one the gearshift is VERY hard to get into gear, but once the car warms up it's much easier. Is there a way the shifter on the X can be adjusted on these cars? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I never really paid much attention to it. I just assumed it was hard to get into gear because of it being in the 20's and 30's here right now.

Secondly... the reverse lights are out. I'm not sure if that is due to just the fuse blowing or what, but is this common when the tranny has to come out on the car? If so, is it the blubs that are blown, fuse or something else typically?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

by the way... I do have a short shifter, with shifter base bushings, but no underhood bushings. When I put the SS in, I didn't have any white grease, so I had to use the dark green crap. The shifter has always worked fine though... just wondering if anyone thinks it might have worn off or something?>
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know that that my tranny is stiff getting into 2nd sometimes when its cold but that's just how they are. But try adjusting the clutch b/c it shouldn't be that hard to get into gear. Make sure it was bled properly as well.
As for the back up lights I'm guessing whoever did the work forgot to plug the reverse light switch back into the tranny.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
What kind of tranny fluid did the shop use? Sounds like they might have also forgotten to plug in the reverse sensor harness.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
What kind of tranny fluid did the shop use? Sounds like they might have also forgotten to plug in the reverse sensor harness.
the guy used redline... i'm not impressed... the AMSoil was MUCH smoother to me. He asked me about it and said he had plugged everything back in.

I am going to check under the shifter and make sure nothing got unplugged or maybe torn... or even perhaps that it wasn't a fuse... or just the bulbs blew out on their own.