Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

MXP Test Pipe for Evo X??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MXP Test Pipe for Evo X??

Would this be a good installment for the x? anyone currently running this have any issues? especially with CEL?. No check engine lights for me please
http://www.injectedperformance.com/m...ipeforevox.htm
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
That will throw a CEL unless you disable it within your ECU with ECUFlash or an Accessport.

If you don't want a CEL and aren't willing to make ECU adjustments (which you should, a tune is almost a must) then check out the ETS testpipe; it should fit better than the one you linked too since it has a bend in it.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:40 PM

oh well then disregard my statement cause tune will be followed straight after parts come in
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

I do not recommend the MXP test pipe. My friend has on on his X and it is built in such a way that it meets up with the cat back section funky. That junction sticks down in a type of V that is very easy to hit/rub on things. Perhaps MXP has fixed this now.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO-IX-MR
I do not recommend the MXP test pipe. My friend has on on his X and it is built in such a way that it meets up with the cat back section funky. That junction sticks down in a type of V that is very easy to hit/rub on things. Perhaps MXP has fixed this now.
I have mine for over two years now... no issues. AMS DP, MXP TP, T1R CBE... It works well no issues. Never had rubbing issues with mine.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:43 PM

well than order is about to be place unless theres any other objections. Dyno day feb 5
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:35 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No CEL for me, but it does seem to hang a bit low...
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:11 PM

He is correct. I've had my MXP set up for about 10 months now. Ive always hated how it dips and hangs kinda low. I've tried so many ways on trying to lift it up but that's just the way it's made. Another reason why I want to get rid of my MXP Test Pipe is because the canister of the test pipe cracked !! I just found this out the other week when I was trying to install my AMS 02 DP. The crack wasnt due to bottoming out or anything. Nor due to my installation. I made sure everything fitted nicely. I didnt force the TP between the exhaust and DP. So either it couldve been a "defect." I have no visible damage to the TP at all. It's still shiny and scratch free as the day I bought it. Also, I'm going to take off my TP this week and take pics for warranty purposes. Ive already contacted my local speed shop, Dynamic Autosports (aka: Gruppe-S), and they are assisting me in dealing with this with Mackin. I'll keep you updated on my dillema and I'll post pics asap. Good luck on your choice of TP bro !
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

I had the T1R for the longest time and there's no issue so far. In regards to CEL, it comes on when the weather dramatically changes.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that was a production run miss match error on the TP and their catback flanges. they slightly changed something on the TP and if you actually put it in backward it fits better. lulz..

mine did the V too.. i contacted Mackin and they exchanged it for me..

i believe they have fixed it on subsequent builds..
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys..

if anyone has any issue with their exhaust parts please email:

productinfo@mackinindustries.com

and someone will contact them back with warranty issue..

thanks
Old May 10, 2012, 11:43 PM

im running into issues with MXP exhaust and test pipe... major clearance issues and they are trying to blame AMS for their down pipe. I have used AMS dp with a different exhaust set up and it has no problem.

If any one else has any info. please chime in.