Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which is more quiet : Buschur quiet exhaust or ETS V2 quiet exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is more quiet : Buschur quiet exhaust or ETS V2 quiet exhaust

Interested in getting one of these exhaust systems but i want the one that is the most quiet. Can someone help me out which one is more quiet.
By the way and if there are any other quiet exhaust systems out there ?

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Buschur "Crossflow" I believe is the one you should be comparing to the ETS Quiet.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Also check out the Magnaflow and Cobb catbacks. I've owned both and both are quiet (Cobb being the quieter of the two).
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Buschur's "Quiet" muffler is not quite at all, but his Crossflow should be.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

thanks ill check out the crossflow from buschur
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:16 PM

Whats the tone of the ETS V2 quiet? I was thinking about getting this exhaust but I want to avoid the car sounding like an SRT4. The non quiet version sounded alot like an SRT4 to me.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Our crossflow is really nice and quiet, especially if you keep the stock cat in. If you are under 350 whp I'd suggest keeping the stock cat, it flows really well.

I have not heard ETS's or Id give my opinion on which is quieter.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

I just picked up my cross flow so ill let you know shortly how quiet it is. The video shows it to be really quiet while at cruising rpm. But sounds awesome while ripping it.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

I agree on Kracka's opinion, cobb's exhaust is really quiet, but really it depends on your tolerance on noise, I used to have the Bushur's exhaust w/ quiet muffler and it's not so quiet on my opinion. And before I picked up my T1r exhaust I was doing the same thing and digged through the posts for quiet exhausts, and I saw some other people saying the crossflow is also on the loud side.

If you are still not sure which one you want, here's the list I saw couple months ago. (trying my best to remember)

1. Cobb
2. Greddy SE
3. T1R 76S
4. Magnaflow
5. blitz nur spec
6. Perrin

I think that's it. If anyone got some other exhaust that I missed, feel free to tell the poster!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Don't listen to *****, as myself and others said in this thread, OUR CROSSFLOW exhaust is quiet, he is talking about out True Dual system with a "quiet" muffler, it was not NOT very quiet, that's why we built the Crossflow.

Also, just because it's a pet piece of mine, watch out for a company who went from building their exhausts here in the USA, then out sourcing them to China for $100 per system and leaving their pricing the same......
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Don't listen to *****, as myself and others said in this thread, OUR CROSSFLOW exhaust is quiet, he is talking about out True Dual system with a "quiet" muffler, it was NOT quiet, that's why we built the Crossflow.

Also, just because it's a pet piece of mine, watch out for a company who went from building their exhausts here in the USA, then out sourcing them to China for $100 per system and leaving their pricing the same......
fixed.

Just before you go all over me, I did say I had the Buschur exhaust with quiet muffler.

And I never had a Buschur crossflow exhaust but I did heard the exhaust in person, it's my personal opinion/experience and that's what the thread is asking, I think it's louder compared to some other quiet exhaust and there are some who has the same opinion that could back me up, sorry if I got you guys in trouble

AND I QUOTE:

Originally Posted by 01CBR929
I own a buschur crossflow... It's loud in the car. My friend has a t1r on his car and it's not near as loud... I would easily trade with him and give him few bucks just to get rid of mine. My vette with longtubes and catback isn't nearly as punishing inside when comparing to the eveslow.
Originally Posted by Noize
I'm sorry, but I disagree completely. One of my closest friends has a crossflow, and I have the T1R 76S. I guarantee the crossflow would whip the T1R on the dyno, but in sound, there is no comparison. The crossflow sounds like a decently loud modded car when equipped with a test pipe. To me, it is loud. When I got rid of my UR single and came home with the T1R (I have a test pipe too), my wife literally could not hear me pull in the garage with the T1R from the living room. No way that would happen with the crossflow. If stock volume is 1 and fully straight piped with no mufflers or resonators is a 10, a T1R is a 3 and crossflow is a 6.

For guys with wives that are overly sensitive to loud cars, but still want some dyno proven gains, there is no other choice than the T1R. I'd personally much rather support Ultimate Racing or Buschur, but I got what is quiet after lotsa testing.

And here's the list from someone's opinion on quiet exhausts.

Originally Posted by Chang_Wufei_05
Hey guys!

I know there're a lot of exhaust threads but I've been researching and hopefully this'll be a good starting point for a guide to X (dual) exhausts.

Here's what I want (in somewhat order of importance):

1. Dual catback (unless I find a great deal on high-flow cat and downpipe - seems DP w/o O2 doesn't make too much of a diff on the Xs?)
2. 3"/max power
3. Titanium muffler/burnt tips at least
4. Minimal drone and great/unique tone esp. when WOT
5. Affordable of course

Options I've found (3" unless stated otherwise, $ incl. shipping or local CA):

1. Blitz NÜR-spec C-Ti ($1088, 80mm/3.15", ~44 lb???) - supposedly no drone, how does it sound at WOT?
2. T1R 76S ($837, 76mm/3", 39 lbs) - thin tips that get easily damaged?
3. MXP ($1086, 80mm/3.15", 44 lbs) - same design as the AMUSE $$$ystem
4. GReddy Spectrum Elite ($985, 70mm/2.75", ~36 lbs)
5. Invidia Q300 rolled Ti tips ($769)
6. Ultimate Racing 3" Ti ($975, 28 lbs?!)
7. Tanabe Medalion Concept G Blue ($1078, 70mm/2.75")
8. TurboXS (cheap somewhere! ~36 lbs?)
9. CNT Racing RS 3" ($410)
10. ERZ Performance (cheap somewhere!)
11. Megan Racing 3" dual OE-RS ($525)

Axle-backs:
1. HKS Legamax ($619+$239, 65mm/2.4", ~35 lbs?)
2. Injen 3" axle-back ($477)

Would love to hear from anyone that drives/has ridden in a car w/these systems...or anything else I missed!

These sites (1, 2, 3) were helpful in my research.

Thanks!

Edit: Adding weights!
Again you don't have to listen to me, afterall it's going on your car and you have to decide for yourself.

PS. I have no intention of starting a flamewar with anyone, 1st amendment ftw.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:13 AM
Account Disabled

Heads up! Saw you posting links to our threads. Just wanted you to know we get pretty much all the ehxuasts you named and will match or beat any price.

Danny Spitery
(205)588-0960
danny@assaultech.com
AIM: AssaultechDan
www.Assaultech.com

Add Us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AssaulTECH/121950998299
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Posting the "list" is hilarious. That guy is clueless, it's not a list, more like a questionnaire! Haha
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TurboXS, cheaper exhaust, nice welds, light, and pretty much sounds stock.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 04:39 PM

I am going with the ets turbo back exhaust cause its the quietest they offer

Quick Reply: Which is more quiet : Buschur quiet exhaust or ETS V2 quiet exhaust