Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Pedal Not returning...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My clutch pedal was SLOWLY sinking once in a while, so I thought a good rebleed would've resolved the issue. After I rebleed the clutch, it just made it worse. Now EVERY time I rest on the clutch pedal it sinks all the way down. And I also had pretty dark brake fluid spray everywhere every time I loosened the bleeder on the slave cylinder.

It seems like for rising back it's mostly a slave cylinder issue, I'm using the SSP V3 CMC w/ Clutch Masters FX300(stg 3). If anyone could shed some light on this, please do. Driving like this is a lot of work, LOL.

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:03 PM
gas

fail

My magnus master cylinder failed, it engages the clutch but a leak is coming out the back. I even made sure I paid more for a OEM one and it still failed. Im already dreading replacing this thing.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:07 AM

I've been using SouthSide Performance's CMC for over a year without any issues. There was no cutting or grinding involved for fitment. However, the price on an SSP CMC has gone up =(
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gas
My magnus master cylinder failed, it engages the clutch but a leak is coming out the back. I even made sure I paid more for a OEM one and it still failed. Im already dreading replacing this thing.
I developed a similar problem where the clutch line that's in the kit moved about 45* on the slave cylinder and grinder against the edge of the trans making a small hole. I was experiencing monor drivability issues with fully disengaging and engaging the clutch. When the line was moved away from the trans and the system rebled, I barely made it 2 miles before it completely failed losing most of the fluid in the reservoir. I replaced the line and so far so good from what I can tell but I'm going to have to routinely check what the line is doing to prevent it from happening again. There isn't any great way to secure it to anything and wrapping it with something is dumb because the line is already made of steel. No plastic or rubber wrap will help it.

Moral of the story: check the line and fittings before blaming the CMC or slave.