Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Pedal Not returning...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:53 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Pedal Not returning...

Need some info please. Put in a exedy twin hd about 1500 miles ago along with a Magnus Motorsports Mastercylinder (factory one broke in half). Car was fine until 2 days ago and the pedal stuck to the floor. Now its happening more often, but only at stop and go traffic, if your just driving and going through the gears it does fine. It seems like its happening more often when your holding the pedal down for a few seconds like at a stop light. I really don't want to change the mastercylinder again if I don't have to. So has anybody else had this problem?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
sounds like your master cylinder is going out. Did you get a genuine mitsu cmc or an aftermarket replacement to go with the magnus kit? the oem one says "NABCO JAPAN" on the bottom. the non oem ones are known to fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mr3a...layer_embedded
Old Mar 14, 2011, 06:48 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Im not for sure what your asking. The Magnus part is the Master cylinder which I am using. The kit comes complete with everything you need, master cylinder, braided line, all fittings. I am using the oem slave cylinder... I tried bleeding the system a few minutes ago and for the first few seconds alot of very dark brake fluid came out. Im thinking the slave cylinder might be the issue...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 06:52 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

I read your post again, I have not looked at the cmc since putting it on. It is a Magnus kit so whatever he gives in his kit is what I have.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 07:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
When Magnus still shipped the kit with the actual master cylinder, they used an aftermarket supplier (the one that failed in the vid). I'm pretty sure you don't have a genuine mitsu master cylinder.

All the failures I've seen happened on the aftermarket, going to a mitsu MC should solve your problem
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:57 AM
JEP
Evolving Member

I wonder if Magnus would back his product with a new one...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine failed very quickly and magnus paid for a new OEM one that my shop bought from Mitsu.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JEP
I wonder if Magnus would back his product with a new one...
yes 100% they will.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:21 AM
JEP
Evolving Member

Just talked with them and they said they would replace the unit! That's how a shop should run itself... I'll be buying from them more often... Thank you Magnus Motorsports
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome stuff man Ill be ordering one really soon for my clutch is about to go and the mc is making a poping noise not sure if anyone has had that before.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:26 AM
JEP
Evolving Member

Get ready for hell installing it! Its awkward to get to even with the brake booster removed. The metal is hard as hell to grind down but that's the hard part. After that it's a cake walk...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to hear they took care of you! I'm looking to buy their kit.... I doubt my stock cmc is long for the world with an exedy triple disc in the car.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:17 AM

My Magnus master cylinder just failed as well. Just in time for a Autox I would have liked to run. Did bleeding it help the issue at all to maybe get me through the Autox?

If they use a aftermarket cylinder what oem one will fit on the plate they have in the kit? Evo 9?

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:07 AM

After stage 2 clutch put in, my clutch pedal did the same thing after a couple months. Clutch fell straight to the floor and didn't pop back up when I pressed down on the clutch pedal. Had a second Mitsubishi factory clutch master cylinder put in and this one lasted less than a day; basically picked my ride from the shop, drove home, next day drive around in the morning as was okay and later that afternoon, same thing....clutch pedal fell to the floor when I pressed down on the pedal trying to down shift to a stop sign after 10 minutes of driving.

I've been told that all EVO X clutch master cylinder is plastic and that an aluminum one doesn't exist yet. If an upgraded racing clutch is to be used, it's going to be too much for the plastic stock one to handle. Going to try to get aluminum EVO IX clutch master cylinder fitted into my EVO X and that should do the trick but heard it's a lot of work to make it fit because it's bigger
Old Jul 6, 2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JEP
Im not for sure what your asking. The Magnus part is the Master cylinder which I am using. The kit comes complete with everything you need, master cylinder, braided line, all fittings. I am using the oem slave cylinder... I tried bleeding the system a few minutes ago and for the first few seconds alot of very dark brake fluid came out. Im thinking the slave cylinder might be the issue...

Did you put in a new Master Cylinder or did you find out that it was the Slave Cylinder at fault?

I'm having the EXACT same problem, if I rest lightly on the pedal, it sinks in all the way to the bottom, so either I drive like crap and shift as quick as I can. Or lift the clutch pedal back up with the back of my foot.

I'm hoping it's just the slave cylinder, since that's cheaper and easier part.

Let me know what your problem was and if/how it was resolved.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Not returning...