Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy clutch review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exedy clutch review

Just picked up the exedy stage 2 cerametallic clutch HD and had it installed by Boostin Performance in Addison.

So first thing I noticed is the pedal is a little heavier than stock. While I was doing research before my purchase I heard some rumblings about how bad it was, but honestly its not that terrible. Not enough to make me regret my purchase. The engagement is definitely different! Really had to learn how drive it all over again, but 60 miles into the purchase and I would say I'm pretty used to it. As for chatter, I can't really hear it from the inside unless I'm really trying to hear it, with music or windows down you can't hear it at all. I did notice from outside the vehicle at idle I can hear some noise. The only other thing I really noticed was that when idling in neutral at a stop light or whatever there are more vibrations that come through the car. Again, nothing to regret the purchase. Overall, its stiffer pedal feel, a bit more noisy/vibrations and much different engagement than a stock clutch. I am really enjoying this purchase from a driving experience, much more responsive during heel toe shifts and rev matching. While getting the car off to a start, the clutch just engages and goes. Really have to concentrate on giving it MORE throttle than stock. All in all great purchase and I am happy with the experience. If you have any questions about this let me know!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 07:17 PM

With this particular clutch, do you speculate that you will be needing to upgrade or reinforce the master clutch cylinder?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:33 AM

Sure did. I installed the AMS reinforcement ring as well and so far is holding strong. I do plan on installing the ssp master cylinder in April for complete confidence.