Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need help with 2.0 build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with 2.0 build

Hi guys,

I have a JDM Evo8 GSR and it is my weekend car. I normally join my friends on long drives (about 100 miles) with mixtures of twisty roads and open highways.

I'm still running on stock internals and have the following mods currently:
1. HKS suction kit with CAI
2. Trust-TI full exhaust
3. HKS R-type FMIC
4. Aluminium radiator
5. HKS fuel pump but stock injectors
6. Iridium plugs (9)
7. ECU reflashed and dynoed at 350bhp (about 260whp).

I am looking for good response with a slightly better top end on highways (hitting 137.5mph due to stock turbo + too much downforce from my gt-wing).

I am looking at GT30R with GSC S1 cams but am unsure on what to choose for my engine internals for longevity purposes. The weather in my country is hot and humid so water and oil temp is a dicey issue after prolonged full throttle on highways.

Piston choices available in my country are JE, JUN, CP, HKS and Tomei, although the latter few are stroker kit options (not a fan of stroker kits and can't really afford them).

1. What would you recommend for my engine internals to have reliable 350whp (about 500bhp)?

2. Are 700cc injectors sufficient for fueling?

3. Would I require larger aftermarket rotors or same sized aftermarket rotors (about 320mm think)? Stock rotors have a tendency to warp, due to the heat that is compounded by the hot tropical weather in my country. I am on stock rotors and calipers with aftermarket pads now. 500 C (F) and 300 C (R).

4. Clutch options are HKS twin plate, Ogura Racing twin plate, OS Giken twin plate and ACT twin plate. I was previously on HKS twin plate but the pressure plate is worn out so I swapped back to stock clutch.

5. Is ECU reflash sufficient to get the right tuning or do I have to get an aftermarket ecu? If I have to change/add piggy-back, is power fc sufficient or do I have to go for F-Con V Pro?

6. Any other considerations that I had missed out?

Appreciate your feedback as I'm a newbie in 4G63T tuning

P/S - Most of the items available in the USA are not available in my country, Malaysia. For instance, FP turbos are not available here unless I travel to a neighbouring country.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:04 PM

wrong section this is for evo x's
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:53 PM

sorry mods, posted in the wrong section. will create a new thread. sincere apologies.