Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

taming an Agency Power exhaust

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
taming an Agency Power exhaust

Greetings!

The Evo X that I bought (used) came with an Agency Power twin-exit, cat-back exhaust. (In case of doubt, I mean this one: http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/...i-p-47123.html ) It drones terribly, especially when coasting down through 3000 rpm in third or fourth. I've searched around and had a few discussions about this and heard everything from (worst-case) "that exhaust cannot be made to be quiet" to (best-case) "that exhaust can be tamed with a larger downpipe and a catless mid-pipe with a resonator." It's also been suggested that the downpipe be wrapped and/or that a straight (catless) mid-pipe would be better than a resonated mid-pipe. Thus, at this point, I have no idea what I should do, but I must get rid of the drone as this is a daily driver and I have young children.

Putting in the silencers had almost no effect. It made it slightly quieter, but did not alter the coasting-down drone, which is the key problem.

I understand the theory behind droning but without detailed data I cannot predict what modifications might fix the problem. So, I'm turning to the empirical approach. If you have an Agency Power twin-exit exhaust on an Evo X and it does not drone, please tell me what else you have done to the exhaust system. If you have tried and failed to tame this exhaust, please tell me that, too. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2011, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a eta dp, ur mini muffler tp, I have little to no droning. Except for 5th gear high load around 3k it's a pain to drive 55mph in the mountains it tragic it's either 5th and drone or 4th and high rpm.... I'm planning on moving over too ETS V2
Old May 28, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And the rest of the exhaust is an Agency Power twin-outlet? If so, that's useful and encouraging to hear. Thanks.

(ps. when you say "eta dp," do you mean an ETS downpipe? I can't find any Evo parts when I search for "eta")
Old May 29, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that's all what meant, dang iPhone...