Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help!need opinions abt turbos/agency power gt35r anygood?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 3598198
dang this helps me a lot!!
btw, how long will it take if i order ETS parts such as IC or exhuast from u? im currently living in California.
Right now it's around a week or so depending on the turbocharger.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...-X-Turbo-Kits/

The link above is for the Evo X, i pasted the 8 link before.

Michael
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Right now it's around a week or so depending on the turbocharger.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...-X-Turbo-Kits/

The link above is for the Evo X, i pasted the 8 link before.

Michael
I see, well im will be out of the US after Aug. and coming back around mid Sep. Guess i will PM you to buy the parts i want when i come back
Old Jul 7, 2011, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 3598198
I see, well im will be out of the US after Aug. and coming back around mid Sep. Guess i will PM you to buy the parts i want when i come back
You military?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 01:11 PM

You military?
lol nah, im an international student,just going home for the summer.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

The T3 turbochargers seem to make the power a bit easily. For example a 35R will make 500 around 25-27psi on pump, where a stock frame turbocharger is going to require 30-35psi to make this power..
At what point power/torque-wise do you start breaking stuff? Drive shafts, axels, transmission parts, etc. It tends to be somewhat obvious what parts you need to make the power, but not always so obvious what parts you need to actually use it.

I had to put in an aftermarket clutch on my GSX and it absolutely killed drivability.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProjectGSX
At what point power/torque-wise do you start breaking stuff? Drive shafts, axels, transmission parts, etc. It tends to be somewhat obvious what parts you need to make the power, but not always so obvious what parts you need to actually use it.

I had to put in an aftermarket clutch on my GSX and it absolutely killed drivability.
The evo is a very strong and dare I say reliable car from the factory. We were running over 800hp on the stock drive train with not even a hint of a problem. It's all on how you treat the car. If your dumping the clutch at every light it's not going to last.

A car between 500-600 should not have a problem.

The problem on the X is the clutch master cylinder. Once you upgrade to a clutch that can hold the power, you need to upgrade the clutch master cylinder so it doesn't explode unless you run a multiplate disc.

The rest of the car seems to hold up perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Jul 7, 2011, 05:43 PM

The evo is a very strong and dare I say reliable car from the factory. We were running over 800hp on the stock drive train with not even a hint of a problem. It's all on how you treat the car. If your dumping the clutch at every light it's not going to last.

A car between 500-600 should not have a problem.

The problem on the X is the clutch master cylinder. Once you upgrade to a clutch that can hold the power, you need to upgrade the clutch master cylinder so it doesn't explode unless you run a multiplate disc.

The rest of the car seems to hold up perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Michael
so if i switch to a medium turbo, lets say BBX full or FP red, do i need to upgrade my transmission as well?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
No you don't need to upgrade the transmission, although you may need to replace the clutch. It all depends on how you treat it and how much power you make, like Michael said.

@ Michael.. what upgrade for the CMC do you personally suggest? Do you use SSP, Magnus, something made in-house?

And how much torque are you putting down with that car with 800 hp?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:03 AM

cool..thanks for all the replies
I think ima go with the HKS GT ii 7460 kai and some ETS parts
does anyone know any hks dealer on this forum?
also, anyone from south california that could tell me some nice shops for installation or tuning?

Last edited by 3598198; Jul 9, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
No you don't need to upgrade the transmission, although you may need to replace the clutch. It all depends on how you treat it and how much power you make, like Michael said.

@ Michael.. what upgrade for the CMC do you personally suggest? Do you use SSP, Magnus, something made in-house?

And how much torque are you putting down with that car with 800 hp?
by replacing the cluth u mean to replace it rightafter i put in the turbo or after the stock one worn out?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:57 AM

Do it before, if you making more than 350 torque at the wheels on a mustang dyno. Nothing is worse than clutch slipping while put puting.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by yuwy
Do it before, if you making more than 350 torque at the wheels on a mustang dyno. Nothing is worse than clutch slipping while put puting.
got it!thanks man
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:43 AM

I would start slow.. atleast that is what im doing... I want to be around 450 hp my self... right now I have a turbo back exhaust intake and im waiting on my intercooler pipes and intercooler... then im getting a turbo manifold and a gt3071R... it is a t3 flange ( type ) but it still maintains the drivability with out HUGE lag time... having the supporting mods will help the turbo boost faster... but you have to keep in mind.. the BIGGER the turbo the SLOWER it reaches max.... that isnt to say it is slow.... it takes more air to get going...

dont forget to save for a tune also :-)
Old Jul 9, 2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by racerx43269
I would start slow.. atleast that is what im doing... I want to be around 450 hp my self... right now I have a turbo back exhaust intake and im waiting on my intercooler pipes and intercooler... then im getting a turbo manifold and a gt3071R... it is a t3 flange ( type ) but it still maintains the drivability with out HUGE lag time... having the supporting mods will help the turbo boost faster... but you have to keep in mind.. the BIGGER the turbo the SLOWER it reaches max.... that isnt to say it is slow.... it takes more air to get going...

dont forget to save for a tune also :-)
cool man, thanks!
is the gt3071r like a medium turbo close to FP red or BBX full, or is it even bigger? with supporting mods how much faster could it be? thats also one question i have in my mind that wont go away im still not quite sure abt picking up the hks gtii kai or fp red..