Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help!need opinions abt turbos/agency power gt35r anygood?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!need opinions abt turbos/agency power gt35r anygood?

Ive decided that i want to drop a turbo in my car. Im really new at this but im not sure what to do. Ive searched the forum but didnt really find sth that answers my question completely.

I notice the agency power gt35r twin turbo and it is pretty appealing. Does anyone here run one and can he/she share some info abt it to me?

All opinions about other turbos are welcome

Im a DD and i want sth that doesnt have too much turbo lag, mostly street application with occasional canyon runs.

Also are there any other mods that i should look into

I currently only have coilovers on the car so please let me know what you think the best setups should be with regards to exhausts/intercooler/transmission

thanks in advance..
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a BIG turbo for a daily driver -- lotsa fun but way more lag than stock. If you go with something that big, you're going to need a lot of supporting mods.
I'd get something smaller...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by tkromer
That's a BIG turbo for a daily driver -- lotsa fun but way more lag than stock. If you go with something that big, you're going to need a lot of supporting mods.
I'd get something smaller...
oh damn, i thought since its a twin turbo the lag would be less.
thanks for the tips man
so smaller as in HKS GTII/FP green/BBX lite right, is there anything else?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are better choices for a daily driver for sure!

Several other choices, browse around here
Old Jul 6, 2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by tkromer
Those are better choices for a daily driver for sure!

Several other choices, browse around here
thanks man! im wondering is bbx full too much for a DD tho?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

For a DD the 35R is going to be laggy, even with supporting mods it will take a lot for that turbo to come alive. Your best bet would be something else if you are looking for it to punch down low with no lag. I have an FP Red currently with full bolt ons and make about 420 whp (roughly) and am happy with it. I would check out companies that make more of a stock frame turbo and not the 35R
Old Jul 7, 2011, 03:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
try the hks 7460r, bb, instant boost
Old Jul 7, 2011, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3598198
oh damn, i thought since its a twin turbo the lag would be less.
thanks for the tips man
so smaller as in HKS GTII/FP green/BBX lite right, is there anything else?
I hope you meant twin scroll. If you really thought twin turbo...... maybe you need to do some researching. I'm just saying.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by armysoldier1073
I hope you meant twin scroll. If you really thought twin turbo...... maybe you need to do some researching. I'm just saying.
yeah i didnt really check cause my friend told me he found such thing so i just posted here
Old Jul 7, 2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by MarineScout13
For a DD the 35R is going to be laggy, even with supporting mods it will take a lot for that turbo to come alive. Your best bet would be something else if you are looking for it to punch down low with no lag. I have an FP Red currently with full bolt ons and make about 420 whp (roughly) and am happy with it. I would check out companies that make more of a stock frame turbo and not the 35R

thanks for the info bro!
hows the spooling for FP red?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by armysoldier1073
That's what I was thinking.

I would either get an Green or BBX-lite. If you think you will want more power and would sacrifice just a LITTLE lag for it than go for a BBX full or FP Red. Neither of those spool that bad though. Are you running pump gas?

I would just get all ETS products for supporting mods. You would probably want an UICP, intercooler, turbo-back exhaust, injectors and maybe a new fuel pump.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
That's what I was thinking.

I would either get an Green or BBX-lite. If you think you will want more power and would sacrifice just a LITTLE lag for it than go for a BBX full or FP Red. Neither of those spool that bad though. Are you running pump gas?

I would just get all ETS products for supporting mods. You would probably want an UICP, intercooler, turbo-back exhaust, injectors and maybe a new fuel pump.
Thanks!!
mmhm, ive seen some positive comments abt hks gtii as well, how is it comparing to fp green or bbx-lite?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Also if your not in a hurry, MAP is in process of in- house making turbos for the X, 8/9's just got released last month. They should be out soon.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The first thing you will need to do is decide how much power you want to make and build your setup accordingly.

The problem we see customers run into with stock frame turbochargers is they never make the power they want at a decent boost level. Most stock frame turbochargers require boost levels in the 30 psi range to make decent / over stock power levels. This will require an alternate fuel like E85, Race Gas or Meth. By running this much boost on a stock frame turbocharger you pull it out of it's efficiency range which blows a ton of excess hot air/heat. They can make the power, but just not reliable. They are also a journal bearing turbocharger compared to the ball bearings you can get in a T3 form.

The T3 turbochargers seem to make the power a bit easily. For example a 35R will make 500 around 25-27psi on pump, where a stock frame turbocharger is going to require 30-35psi to make this power.

If your looking for a fast spooling turbocharger I would recommend the 3076 (HTA or Standard), PT5857. If you don't mind a later spool up 4700-5000rpm the 35R is a great choice, but it's all going to depend on your goals. Your end result should determine which turbo your going to go with. Nothing worse then purchasing multiple turbo kits or turbochargers to reach your goal.

IF you have any other questions, let me know!

Here is a link to our turbo kits which have a ton of options to choose from!

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...Turbo-Kit.html

Thanks,

Michael
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
The first thing you will need to do is decide how much power you want to make and build your setup accordingly.

The problem we see customers run into with stock frame turbochargers is they never make the power they want at a decent boost level. Most stock frame turbochargers require boost levels in the 30 psi range to make decent / over stock power levels. This will require an alternate fuel like E85, Race Gas or Meth. By running this much boost on a stock frame turbocharger you pull it out of it's efficiency range which blows a ton of excess hot air/heat. They can make the power, but just not reliable. They are also a journal bearing turbocharger compared to the ball bearings you can get in a T3 form.

The T3 turbochargers seem to make the power a bit easily. For example a 35R will make 500 around 25-27psi on pump, where a stock frame turbocharger is going to require 30-35psi to make this power.

If your looking for a fast spooling turbocharger I would recommend the 3076 (HTA or Standard), PT5857. If you don't mind a later spool up 4700-5000rpm the 35R is a great choice, but it's all going to depend on your goals. Your end result should determine which turbo your going to go with. Nothing worse then purchasing multiple turbo kits or turbochargers to reach your goal.

IF you have any other questions, let me know!

Here is a link to our turbo kits which have a ton of options to choose from!

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...Turbo-Kit.html

Thanks,

Michael
dang this helps me a lot!!
btw, how long will it take if i order ETS parts such as IC or exhuast from u? im currently living in California.

Quick Reply: Help!need opinions abt turbos/agency power gt35r anygood?