Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Topspeed PRO-1 Exhaust Review ( pics and vids )

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just purchased one last week, I love it..
Old Sep 28, 2013, 02:58 PM

im debating on switching between this and ark
Old Oct 2, 2013, 09:53 PM

do you get any highway drone or what does it sound like in cabin? im looking at the turboxs for $600 also
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:17 PM

i have a 2013 ralliart i was wondering if the topspeed pro 1 exhaust will fit my car
Old Feb 6, 2014, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

This thing needs one resonator, it's loud and drone.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ak47m203
This thing needs one resonator, it's loud and drone.
agree, will be a total cop magnet here in CA!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:37 PM

where can i buy the exhaust!? ebay doesn't have them. the official website for top speed won't let me purchase it help anyone?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
click the 'contact us' button on their site and ask them.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

They sell them via their e-bay store, or at least that's where I bought mine in Oct of last year. Sounds great but the drone is there at 3k rpm on the highway. I'm working on getting a resonated test pipe to see if that helps.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:37 PM

I dont mean to jack this thread but, the test pipe that comes with the exhaust, is it interchangable with other test pipes? or is it a specific length only fitted for the catback to the downpipe?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richiivu
I dont mean to jack this thread but, the test pipe that comes with the exhaust, is it interchangable with other test pipes? or is it a specific length only fitted for the catback to the downpipe?
When i bought this exhaust I already had the Map test pipe. It fit perfectly.

Have fun though... as much as i loved the exhaust, I couldnt take the drone this thing made. Sounded sick but i drive 50 miles a day.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah this thing does sound pretty nice.

I was just curious, bc a seller i talked to before told me that i could not put on any other test pipe bc the top speed test pipe that came with it would only fit, he told me that i would have to get the exhaust custom fitted to fit any other test pipes or hfc's.
This was the reason why it turned me away from this exhaust.

But if you say that the MAP fits then others should fit no problem.

Originally Posted by Hotsauce101
When i bought this exhaust I already had the Map test pipe. It fit perfectly.

Have fun though... as much as i loved the exhaust, I couldnt take the drone this thing made. Sounded sick but i drive 50 miles a day.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richiivu
Thanks for the quick response. Yeah this thing does sound pretty nice.

I was just curious, bc a seller i talked to before told me that i could not put on any other test pipe bc the top speed test pipe that came with it would only fit, he told me that i would have to get the exhaust custom fitted to fit any other test pipes or hfc's.
This was the reason why it turned me away from this exhaust.

But if you say that the MAP fits then others should fit no problem.
You'll be fine - it flanges at standard locations. I am now running a resonated test pipe from speed circuit and it fit fine with the rest of the system.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by tavo_evo
First of all I want to thank John at Topspeed for the easy transaction and extremely fast shipping; I ordered the exhaust and it got delivered a day earlier than expected

The first impression of the packing was that it was very well done and everything was double bubble wrapped so that made me really happy knowing that the pipes were not going to be bent or be scratched; I did take some pictures with the wrap around them just to show what to expect if you purchase this exhaust

The installation was extremely smooth and it took about me about 15 minutes to do this; the hardest part for me was getting the old exhaust off, other than that fitment was perfect and you can even adjust the tips to stand out more or less depending on your taste. Maybe you won't tackle the installation yourself but you don't have to be a mechanic to install this one; plus you get all the hardware needed to install. Fitment was great and there is not too much of a gap between the exhaust and the diffuser

The exhaust sound is what I was looking for and it is very hard to say "THIS IS THE BEST EXHAUST IN THE MARKET, GO ORDER ONE NOW!!!111one" It has a very deep tone which in my case is what I love about it, it doesn't sound ricey or sound like a honda with a fart can. which I proved since where I live we have tons of those and one of those guys got next to me and gave me a thumbs up on my test run ( that made me feel great lol ) in any case the sound is not extremely loud but then again I am used to a straight pipe 07 sti which the sound was amazing. The two mufflers on it are small but yet droning is minimal and around town you can keep it quiet on the higher gears

Overall, I was looking for an affordable but quality piece. This is definitely that piece; the set includes the cat back AND also includes a test pipe so all you need is a downpipe and you are set.

I am extremely happy with the purchase and if you don't want to spend a thousand dollars on some piping, Topspeed really exceeded my expectations not only on customer service but also on the quality of the exhaust

Here are the link for three vids that I did today; I was kinda in a hurry since it was going to rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dJ7fRvp5-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJlcXLkfrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUqmW-Xv2nw
Congrats man! It sounds really gooood! What DP/TP do you have to go with this?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 05:37 PM

Hi, how did you ended up mounting the TI tips? The bolt and nut that came with didn't seem like I can screw it in, do I just leave the nuts and bolts out?