Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo Parts- What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Parts- What do you guys think?

Hi guys so I just recieved a bonus at my work, so I'm going to treat my baby with some new goodies. I would just like to hear what ya'll think about the certain parts, and perhaps a few pointers. I already have an ETS intake on my Evo, but this is what I'm looking into getting now.

-AMS Single Exit CBE
-AMS Test Pipe
-AMS Intercooler
-ETS UPIC/LICP

I'm just looking for some bolt on's that'll give me some good power when tuned. I'm also hoping for a Grimspeed 3 port, Walbro 255, and 1100cc Injectors. After everything I'm looking to make around 350whp (give or take).
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

It looks good either AMS or ETS intercoolers are fine both are proven but since you have an ETS intake an are planning on ETS pipes you might as well get the ETS intercooler just to keep the theme going, as far as exhaust I think its personal preference there are a lot of options, ETS also makes good exhaust....I feel like I'm running a plug for them
Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:53 PM

Hah yeah perhaps, ETS does have the package deal where I can get the 3.5" Intercooler with all the pipping for I believe a little over a grand, would save me some dough hah. But yeah, I was thinking later on down the road perhaps ETS downpipe, but I've read people that have aftermarket downpipes on a stock turbo that they do not really see any power gains, only off the test pipes.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by oK-Boi7o
but I've read people that have aftermarket downpipes on a stock turbo that they do not really see any power gains, only off the test pipes.
I gained 9whp from an o2 elim dp on my stock turbo (pump gas) along with quicker spool and a fatter midrange.

The downpipe was the only part changed, the runs were performed the same day:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ven-gains.html

Last edited by Kracka; Aug 7, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

^^^Nice can't wait to get mine tuned!!!!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 06:29 PM

Just curious on AMS's website they said that the LICP is made to work with the AMS intake, and is not gaurenteed to work with others. Does anyone have ETS intake with AMS LICP?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oK-Boi7o
-AMS Single Exit CBE
-AMS Test Pipe
-AMS Intercooler
-ETS UPIC

I'm just looking for some bolt on's that'll give me some good power when tuned. I'm also hoping for a Grimspeed 3 port, Walbro 255, and 1100cc Injectors. After everything I'm looking to make around 350whp (give or take).
All that looks good. I would say hold off on the injectors until you move from the stock turbo. Also I heard that the LICP on the X is good enough as is so you could probably use the cash saved to either help pay for the install or invest in a COBB AP But if the front bumper is coming off already for the FMIC install might as well install a LICP as well. I dunno but def hold up on the injectors until you move to a upgraded turbo system.

Oh maybe get AMS high flow cat instead of the test pipe that way you don't have to worry about emission in the future?

Last edited by phishy; Aug 7, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 09:00 PM

Actually im just going to go with ETS CBE, test pipe, ic piping, and 3.5" intercooler. I can get a way better deal because they offer military discount. I'll end up saving a few hundred that ill use for the boost solenoid and tune! K appreciate all the advice and ill post up, what I make and let yall know!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:58 PM

my turbo xs setup was awesome and fit good too!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:15 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

The AMS Single Exit hangs a bit low but that can be fixed, the AMS is GIGANTIC too. Here is a pic, not my car:

http://www.forgedperformance.com/sto...mb/t_16595.jpg
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:34 PM

So i recieved everything: ETS Upper/ Lower Intercooler Piping, ETS 3.5 Intercooler, ETS Single Exit Catback, ETS Test Pipe. Was a very smooth and easy install, and must I say I'm very pleased with the way the car sounds, and performs, it was definietly a noticable differnce. I will be heading to Evo Dynamics on Tuesday to get the Grimspeed 3-Port Boost Solenoid, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, and a tune. I'm very excited to see how the mods I had done will react with the final tune. Will keep you guys posted!

Here's a pic of my pride and joy (;
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

You should be very happy with the results. I have the same mods as you only minus the walbro and I have the ETS 3" TBE. On mustang dyno I hit 340Whp/340Tq. With the 3port turbo spool seems to fast it feels like you get smacked in the face, its great. I abolutely love the fitment from the ETS products too, top notch from them. Saw your DOD sticker, I was out at sill/lawton for a couple months in 2006, horrible horrible place. Good luck bro!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:02 AM

Grats on all the parts, i just got my fmic and licp today too. I cant wait to see your results as well. I really wanna know how you feel about the grimspeed 3 port too, i plan to purchase a boost controller soon but dont know which one to go with.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:00 PM

Sorry guys haven't really kept up to date lately, I have been busy with school and work and all. But the new parts are great and I'm really enjoying them. But actually since Lawton, OK sucks ***, I only tuned it on 92 octane on 25psi of boost. Unfortunately the timing had to be turned down due to the amount of knock my tuner was getting because of the ****ty octane, so at the moment my car is limited due to gas. I will be headed back down to Evo Dynamics though within the next week or so, to have it tuned on e85 and have a downpipe (ETS), 1600cc injectors, and walbro fuel pump. Looking out for better numbers, and will definietly keep you guys posted.

Unfortunately, after the tune and install of the 3-port. My cars idle has acted strange coming out of high rpms or sometimes downshifting. I find the car throwing a CEL and my idle staying at 2k. I turn the car off, and my idle comes back to normal, but my CEL stays on. After the car being turned off a few times and turnt back on through out daily driving the CEL goes away. It's very odd, and I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Any insight on what this might be from you guys? Perhaps my sensor or something with the 3 port?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:06 AM

Lol somebody?