Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

evo gsr upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking evo gsr upgrades

hey guys as you guys can tell by my name this would be my first turbo/evo car. I used to be into n/a honda but decided its time to do a big boy build. I just picked up a 2010 gsr and I'm already looking into some upgrades. so far my list is going something like this: injen intake/uicp, licp and hard bov pipe, hks bov, and a complete turboback exhust with a cobb ap. then later on hoping to upgrade the turbo and intercooler and tune. I'm just wondering if you guys had some inputs on what I should get or any companies out there that sales some good products. thanks

Last edited by eV0_n00b; Aug 17, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont go with the hks bov....its a 50:50 chance that it will work right on the car. ALOT of people have issues with it, some dont, but most do.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
+1 on the bov, go synapse, cobb, or turbosmart

but honestly you don't need to upgrade the bov yet, I'm pretty sure the 2011 have an upgraded bov from the previous years (like the 9 had a better one than the 8) cause mine is holding 27psi without issue.

If you want the bov noise, then you'll get that with the intake, no need for bov...
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:06 PM

nice thanks for the advice! sorry I meant to say 2010 gsr I just realized my mistake!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe you should consider Extreme Turbo Systems instead. Both Chris and Michael are VERY cool, and very helpful. Their products get great reviews and they support Evom. I spent a decent amount of time on the phone with them going over what my goals for the car were, etc. and they were tremendously helpful. I never once felt like they just wanted to take my money and get me off the phone. Great customer service and products that show true attention to detail. Can't ask for much more than that. And the products are made here in the U.S. Cheers to that!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by linkbeat
Maybe you should consider Extreme Turbo Systems instead. Both Chris and Michael are VERY cool, and very helpful. Their products get great reviews and they support Evom. I spent a decent amount of time on the phone with them going over what my goals for the car were, etc. and they were tremendously helpful. I never once felt like they just wanted to take my money and get me off the phone. Great customer service and products that show true attention to detail. Can't ask for much more than that. And the products are made here in the U.S. Cheers to that!
+1
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:39 AM

thanks! ill check them out.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
+1 on the bov, go synapse, cobb, or turbosmart

but honestly you don't need to upgrade the bov yet, I'm pretty sure the 2011 have an upgraded bov from the previous years (like the 9 had a better one than the 8) cause mine is holding 27psi without issue.

If you want the bov noise, then you'll get that with the intake, no need for bov...
Agreed completely. I got an intake and no BOV, and it's suddenly loud as I could want it. I would recommend going with a new FMIC sooner as well if you're doing a UICP/LICP upgrade. The mods I got gave me a pretty big increase in power at minimal cost, and it sounds/performs great. My whp rating was on a Mustang 500 series dyno in close to 100 degree weather last month.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:24 AM

okay cool ill keep that in mind.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

First turbo car? Enjoy it in stock form, do mods after you're comfortable with it.

=)
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku
First turbo car? Enjoy it in stock form, do mods after you're comfortable with it.

=)
+1 to this.

I had this problem with my s13. bought it, slid it, wanted more. made it better. it's perpetual...
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Why is an aftermarket BOV always on the list of initial mods for newbs? Less FnF and more research please.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:57 PM

because I never owned a turbo car before and I was always jealous of the turbo guys that could make that blow off sound. that's probly my only reason for it. but if people say that it will sound like a blow off with just a intake then I guess I can live with out a bov

Last edited by eV0_n00b; Aug 19, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
If you want to upgrade check out either the Cobb or Synapse compact. You realize the car comes with one stock though, right? That's why you can hear something with an open intake.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
If you want to upgrade check out either the Cobb or Synapse compact. You realize the car comes with one stock though, right? That's why you can hear something with an open intake.
^This or if you can the APS twin vent one if you can find it.

However, I can tell you I ran the stock one up to 500whp, you will not need one at all. If you really want to do something, crush the stock one.

Quick Reply: evo gsr upgrades