Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS 4" FMIC :)... except the damage :(

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS 4" FMIC :)... except the damage :(

Ets 4" FMIC First thing I noticed is HOLY CRAP this box is heavy lol. It is much heavier than the OEM IC, but better quality material, so expected. Ran inside like a kid, saw the whole in the end of the box and .. boom.

Bent the outlet pipe (these are aluminum) and there were the little foam things all inside there. No biggie I got the vacuum cleaner and got them out. I decided to take some pliars and bend the rolled tip back out.........didn't exactly work out as you see. Actually broke VERY easily. I went ahead and got snips and cleaned it up blllaaaahhhh.

Nearly $800 and FedEx gets the throw it around like someone was shipping a rock??

The rubber grommets pop out of the OEM moutning wholes and into the ETS. However getting the metal ring back in the center of the grommet took a hammer because the ETS holes were so close the the core itself it forced one side of the grommet to be smashed flat, the Round metal ring didn't want to be flat on one side lol. Good ole hammer got it in there.

Now putting it on the car I was alone. I actually got my jack out of the trunk and used it to slowly raise the IC into place and check SEVERAL times along the way for clearance. I could forcefully pull a piece of paper between the IC and the AC condensor (looks like a mini radiator), but it did fit as they claimed. another thing that helped was the ETS LICP. You can remove the first section that exits the IC and 90s to the second half of the LICP. I don't think I could have got it on without removing this section of the LICP. At least made it much easier.

I wouldn't say it lines up perfectly with the UICP and LICP as the couplers are some "crooked" once on there. The t-bolt clamps were able to get it tightened down hard enough to hold peak of 23psi pull though!

I'm pleased with the outcome except the damaged shipping.. booooo FedEx. I did contact ETS and they took my info and offered to help me out next order since I had the damage even though it was really on FedEx. Thanks guys and sorry for the lack of install pics!
Attached Thumbnails ETS 4" FMIC :)... except the damage :(-ets-ic-2.jpg   ETS 4" FMIC :)... except the damage :(-ets-ic-3.jpg   ETS 4" FMIC :)... except the damage :(-ets-ic-4.jpg   ETS 4" FMIC :)... except the damage :(-ets-ic-5.jpg  
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sure they will replace it,ETS is good that way.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah they offered to make it right.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for posting this up. We try to package each box as good as we can by filling it full of packing material, but some how FedEX and UPS can still damage a product. I can only imagine what goes on in the shipping warehouse.

Again, if you need anything in the future let me know and we will take care of you.

Thanks!

Michael

PS: How did you get your toes to go 90 like that lol.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

PS: How did you get your toes to go 90 like that lol.

haha^^ it's talent lol just like using the jack out of the trunk to raise it into place lol improvising at it's best
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

hahah.. Nice!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

UPS is terrible from what someone who worked there told me... it was enough for me to not use them
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
good review. Car looks nice.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
good review. Car looks nice.
Thanks man!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:29 PM

did you feel a improvement when you installed it??
Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty sure ETS claims 15hp w/o a tune? not positive. It's hard for me to tell really as i drive a honda civic daily for work then get in the evo on the weekend. Always feels like a huge power gain lol. May have been a little difference on the butt dyno yesterday though
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I personally would have filed an insurance claim with FedEx and gotten it fixed rather than installing a damaged part.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

I didn't feel like dealing with it over such a small thing. It's about an inch long and maybe 1cm wide on the tip. The coupler covers well past the damaged section. If the core itself was damaged or something that affected the actual performance aspect I would have. I'm not about getting crapped on by people, but i'm from a pretty small town in the south and we don't make a big thing out of something that isn't exactly perfect. Just posted the thread to show thickness difference, some install help and let ETS know of the problem. I've worked for the public before and dislike people who complain about the smallest of things, so I try not to do the same myself. Golden rule
And please don't think that's a rant towards you by any means lol
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HPEVOX
I didn't feel like dealing with it over such a small thing. It's about an inch long and maybe 1cm wide on the tip. The coupler covers well past the damaged section. If the core itself was damaged or something that affected the actual performance aspect I would have. I'm not about getting crapped on by people, but i'm from a pretty small town in the south and we don't make a big thing out of something that isn't exactly perfect. Just posted the thread to show thickness difference, some install help and let ETS know of the problem. I've worked for the public before and dislike people who complain about the smallest of things, so I try not to do the same myself. Golden rule
And please don't think that's a rant towards you by any means lol

I like this guy. If it works, it works.

"Don't sweat the small stuff"
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by brenner
I like this guy. If it works, it works.

"Don't sweat the small stuff"

Quick Reply: ETS 4" FMIC :)... except the damage :(