Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ams widemouth with ETS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ams widemouth with ETS

After a week of talking myself out of not spending $4k on akrapovic exhaust..i decided to go with AMS widemouth downpipe and HFC and ETS V2 cat back..just wondering if anyone knows of anyone with this setup..i also considered ETS dp and HFC..but i dont know..any tips would be appreciated
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I've heard if people having issues trying to bolt up exhausts to the AMS test pipe, they might make it a little different to work with their own catback...
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I know it's not an Evo, but I have the AMS test pipe (which is the same part as the EvoX) on my Ralliart and I'm running the CP-E short downpipe and catback without any issues.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd suggest the ETS HFC instead of AMS' since it has the bend to further clearance the driveshaft carrier. Either downpipe is nice, mainly just decide if you want divorced or cast bell-mouth. I personally opted for MAP's which is similar to ETS' in design.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:13 AM

I honestly dont even understand if theres even a real difference between divorced and widemouth..i read a good forum where people debated on them..but the whole thing was based on peoples opinions..stickin to all one brand (ets) sounds fine to me..but id like to further understand pros and cons of the two different designs
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the AMS HFC and the standard ETS V2 exhaust. The fit was good but I had to chop off a bolt that held the cover to the driveshaft. No major issue. The heat shield/Cover is held on by 3 bolts (Two top and one bottom). You will end up cutting the bottom one off or it WILL rattle against the HFC. If cutting that bolt is not for you just go with the ETS HFC. Both companies are awsome.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by screwnutbolt
I honestly dont even understand if theres even a real difference between divorced and widemouth..i read a good forum where people debated on them..but the whole thing was based on peoples opinions..stickin to all one brand (ets) sounds fine to me..but id like to further understand pros and cons of the two different designs
It's been debated a bunch of times but there has never been a conclusive decision. It really comes down to personal preference and opinion, both will yield similar results.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 01:10 PM

I had no problems bolting up my ams dp to a different companies exhaust
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:46 PM

Thanks for all the replies gents..i think im gonna get the ams widemouth..after reading reviews it seems that the gains are similar but ams widemouth isnt as freakishly loud as the ets divorced is..and thanks spazpilot for pointing out the issue with the ams hfc..i will be getting the ets hfc and catback version 2..(without quiet muffler)
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The one thing I did love about the ETS V2 exhaust was that the tips were perfectly straight!! Had the Cobb and the Greddy exhaust before. Very good systems but at both of those the pax side tip was always slightly pushed further back. Then again so is our factory exhaust. Great choice I'm sure you love it.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

I have the AMS widemouth DP/ and ETS Test Pipe w/ ETS V2
Sounds amazing!! I havent herd anything better in person and IMO
Old vid, but this is also wit cams, listen half way in and thats what she sounds like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQdk8mhpG8

and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD4OPNZLdSA
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by screwnutbolt
After a week of talking myself out of not spending $4k on akrapovic exhaust..i decided to go with AMS widemouth downpipe and HFC and ETS V2 cat back..just wondering if anyone knows of anyone with this setup..i also considered ETS dp and HFC..but i dont know..any tips would be appreciated
Hi bro!

Try Ultimate-Racing products,i have a shop and have working on Evo X for a while and trust me this products are state of art int terms of fittment,sound tunning and horse power to! They are the best on costumer service.

I have Evos from 375 hp to 515hp on this parts all in DD trim. 93 oct fuel so you can tell.

J.O.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:56 PM

Do you have any drive by videos with that exhaust set up? (go on 3)