Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS question

Sorry for the newb question, but I am looking to purchase an ETS intake and upper intercooler pipe kit for my 2010 X SE and am wondering if I will need a tune? My X is otherwise stock. Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:00 PM

If you want the most out of your mods, than yes... a tune would be a good idea. In fact, you will be doing an injustice to your car by not tuning it afterwards. And if your gonna go that route, you might as well save up and buy a few more mods before tuning and do it all at once and call it a day.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

^^ agreed. you dont "need" to get a tune for UICP you will be fine. But once you start messing with the MAF (our cars hate that ish) you will want a tune unless you want your car to drive like crap.

to get the most outta your mods, and tune, save up, buy an exhaust and a MBC and LICP, then get tuned. Night and day difference.

edit: reason for getting an uicp? I am assuming just for show? if you want power, dont by the upper, get the lower. just my opinion
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like i am going to save up a little longer.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:58 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

If I'm not mistaken, I think Michael from ETS has stated a few times that their intake uses the stock MAF housing and does not require a tune.

Yup, found it..

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Thanks Guys!

We tested all our parts with no tuning prior to releasing them and never had any problems or CEL. The test was done for 3 months as a daily driver.

A tune would be recommend to get all the power possible out of the setup. We have customers who use the cobb access port with basic maps. The good thing about our intake is it uses the stock MAF housing so you will not need to rescale on install.

Any other questions or need pricing, let me know!

Michael
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Correct, no tuning needed to run our Intake or Upper Pipe... of course you will see a greater power gain with a tune/higher boost. But, the car will run just fine with the factory settings.

The reason for this is we use the stock maf housing, so no rescaling is required on our intake.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

I have the ETS intake and I love it!!! great construction and A HUUUUGGGGEEEE filter with it!!

Now we have a really good install thread that got stickied in the How To's
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedtres
^^ agreed. you dont "need" to get a tune for UICP you will be fine. But once you start messing with the MAF (our cars hate that ish) you will want a tune unless you want your car to drive like crap.

to get the most outta your mods, and tune, save up, buy an exhaust and a MBC and LICP, then get tuned. Night and day difference.

edit: reason for getting an uicp? I am assuming just for show? if you want power, dont by the upper, get the lower. just my opinion
On the X the bigger gain comes from the upper ic pipe.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by RevLimiter
I have the ETS intake and I love it!!! great construction and A HUUUUGGGGEEEE filter with it!!

Now we have a really good install thread that got stickied in the How To's
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Horus
If you want the most out of your mods, than yes... a tune would be a good idea. In fact, you will be doing an injustice to your car by not tuning it afterwards. And if your gonna go that route, you might as well save up and buy a few more mods before tuning and do it all at once and call it a day.
You don't have to tune it, you can wait. However, as recommended if you plan on doing more mores you should install mods 1st then tune once (save yourself money on re tunes). You won't get the most out of your mods without a tune, but it's ok - save yourself the $ and do it all at once is mine and many others advice