Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Blew my motor

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011 | 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvo8Urs
could be a blown head gasket
thats what im thinking because the motor wasnt ticking or it was just running rough
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

It all depends on the mechanic at the mitsu dealer. If there is a tune on the car, yes they will most likely void the warranty. Some do not care about bolt ons because it is work for them to do. But I heard that mitsu cracked down on anything with a tune.
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
It all depends on the mechanic at the mitsu dealer. If there is a tune on the car, yes they will most likely void the warranty. Some do not care about bolt ons because it is work for them to do. But I heard that mitsu cracked down on anything with a tune.
It was tuned via Accessport but i unmarried it before getting it towed
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Well, good luck to ya!!!
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
Well, good luck to ya!!!
Thank you
im hoping for the best but prepared for the worst
Old Nov 14, 2011 | 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evokid4life
Its AMS tuned but only at 25 psi i started have the overboost problem after having a buddy installed my downpipe
Everything under the hood look normal and it was white smoke so it def something with the motor
This right here seems what would be the issue... Especially with protunes, they are tuned to be basically perfect boost and AFR, chances are tossing the downpipe on the car tuned for the stock downpipe made it overboost and run lean. Had you logged to see your knock lately with the cold weather?
Old Nov 14, 2011 | 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jookies
This right here seems what would be the issue... Especially with protunes, they are tuned to be basically perfect boost and AFR, chances are tossing the downpipe on the car tuned for the stock downpipe made it overboost and run lean. Had you logged to see your knock lately with the cold weather?
no i didnt
so i got an update the motor has a compression leak in cylinder 4 its bad leak
Old Nov 15, 2011 | 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear and good luck with the warranty, or atleast getting the motor back in good shape
Old Nov 15, 2011 | 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that. keep us posted. thats mainly the reason why im hesitant on modding my car. bought a 2011 evo 2 months ago.
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jubey97
sorry to hear that. keep us posted. thats mainly the reason why im hesitant on modding my car. bought a 2011 evo 2 months ago.
Light mods wouldnt do this, I'm 99% sure it has to do with the tune.
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Well they denied the repairs under warranty but I have given Mitsu headquarters a call and there gonna look into it further
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Well they denied the repairs under warranty but I have given Mitsu headquarters a call and there gonna look into it further
Good luck! What reason did they give? They have to prove that a specific mod caused the engine to fail, and they can't just say "Well, you see, that intake...uh.... it made the motor go boom!" They have to tell you EXACTLY why a mod is voiding the warranty. Research the Magnusson-Moss Act.
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Its AMS tuned but only at 25 psi i started have the overboost problem after having a buddy installed my downpipe
Everything under the hood look normal and it was white smoke so it def something with the motor
So AMS tuned it, and then you put on the downpipe without retuning? This isn't a warranty item- you screwed up your motor. Pick it back up from the dealer and spend the $ on repairs/replacement.

/thread
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
Good luck! What reason did they give? They have to prove that a specific mod caused the engine to fail, and they can't just say "Well, you see, that intake...uh.... it made the motor go boom!" They have to tell you EXACTLY why a mod is voiding the warranty. Research the Magnusson-Moss Act.
they said my intercooler caused it lol
my warranty got denied well time to build her
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrMTB
So AMS tuned it, and then you put on the downpipe without retuning? This isn't a warranty item- you screwed up your motor. Pick it back up from the dealer and spend the $ on repairs/replacement.

/thread
i didnt know that was cause the motor to blow

Quick Reply: Blew my motor