Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is the X's clutch pedal adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the X's clutch pedal adjustable?

I was just looking at the pedal assembly in my X, and the actuator rod is plastic (mitsu is so cheap these days), and there is no adjustable rod and lock nut that I can see. Am I missing something? What happens when you install an aftermarket clutch and need to adjust the engagement point... I guess you're just screwed?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could get the magnus cmc conversion. It uses the cmc for the evo IX which is adjustable.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

^Too many reported failures with the magnus, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay nearly what a clutch costs for the ssp.

On a side note, I'd be willing to bet that the stock CMC not being adjustable has something to do with the X's terrible shift feel. If the clutch isn't fully disengaging between shifts, it causes synchros to grind and crunch, which is exactly what happens in the X constantly. I'd be curious to see if anyone who has installed an aftermarket CMC was able to rid their X of this problem...
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
u back!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

I back!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
^Too many reported failures with the magnus, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay nearly what a clutch costs for the ssp.

On a side note, I'd be willing to bet that the stock CMC not being adjustable has something to do with the X's terrible shift feel. If the clutch isn't fully disengaging between shifts, it causes synchros to grind and crunch, which is exactly what happens in the X constantly. I'd be curious to see if anyone who has installed an aftermarket CMC was able to rid their X of this problem...
the magnus only fail when use with reproduction master cylinder, a genuine mitsu master cylinder works well. I got mine installed at 2k along with a spec stage 2+ clutch, I'm at over 11k (almost 12 I think) now, 2 track days, one autocross, a bunch of launches on a deserted back road figuring out the best way to launch an AWD car, still going strong.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
the magnus only fail when use with reproduction master cylinder, a genuine mitsu master cylinder works well. I got mine installed at 2k along with a spec stage 2+ clutch, I'm at over 11k (almost 12 I think) now, 2 track days, one autocross, a bunch of launches on a deserted back road figuring out the best way to launch an AWD car, still going strong.
yep, this.