Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch pedal sticks (halfway) ....sometimes. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch pedal sticks (halfway) ....sometimes. Ideas?

I've read countless threads about the CMC popping and the pedal getting stuck on the floor, but I have different symptoms.

After I come to a complete stop sometimes I begin to release the clutch pedal and I can feel it catch about halfway up and actually engages (car starts to roll) and will go dead if I continue to let up w/o throttle imput. I can go ahead and give some throttle input and it will go and do like a "2nd engagement" where it normally should and i go just fine. I have stalled multiple times due to this. My clutch begins to catch REALLY high normally, which i'm perfectly ok with. So i let out pretty fast anticipating it to engage high and... klonk... me at red light
After exiting an off ramp a few days ago I turned right in the yeild lane(didn't fully stop) and kept it in second and felt it do it there as well. It's almost like it barely hangs, but keeps the pedal against my foot still, then I can feel it engage normally at the top.

A friend and I installed the ACT 6 puck and magnus CMC kit about 3k miles ago and I do not recall having this issue up until approx 1500miles after install. System was bled properly. He has done multiple clutch installs on evos. Right around 100% sure it's not an install error.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

You have the Magnus mounting plate but which CMC do you have? Is it an oem mitsubishi one? Oem CMC will have the word "nabco" stamped on the bottom of it.

I had a similar problem with my maxima and it turned out to be a seal on the slave cylinder. New slave problem gone :-)

Newb
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Factory evo 9 CMC. It was the one that was packaged with the CMC kit. It was in a seperate box with a genuine mitsubishi parts sticker on it, didn't look at the CMC itself and can't see it now that it's on the car. But you say the SLAVE cylinder turned out to be the problem for you? Any ways to check this other than buying a new one and trying it out? lol
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

I had a similar experience but it was with SSP v2 CMC. I would release the clutch and it starts to engage before the usual engagement point. The engagement point was not consistent. The problem always appears whenever I make a turn while disengaging and engaging the clutch which was very annoying. Turns out the seals was going bad and eventually leaked brake fluid slowly. I have since been taken cared of with the SSP v3 CMC and haven't had problems with it yet. The seals on the newer SSP CMCs are made of Delrin, so hopefully it will hold up better and last for a long time. Not exactly fun to replace this part over and over again.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I was thinking maybe the seals were going bad. Sucks that i've only had it for that long and it's already bad. Magnus needs to help me out on this one or i'm going another route. started at 1500 miles after install and already going bad? May go with the AMS soltuion or SSP who knows. Like you said it's not something you just bolt on real quick either .. oh well lol ill ride it til it breaks i guess.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 06:13 AM

If your Talking about the AMS Ring i wouldn't do it, had one and still blew my CMC, Call Magnus they should help you out. if not do like me, yeah i spent $500.00 on the SSP CMC but its a far superior part,plus SSP has my back.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoXcrzy08
If your Talking about the AMS Ring i wouldn't do it, had one and still blew my CMC, Call Magnus they should help you out. if not do like me, yeah i spent $500.00 on the SSP CMC but its a far superior part,plus SSP has my back.
No; AMS is prototyping their own CMC (not the clip). I've e-mailed them, but got nothing back...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HPEVOX
No; AMS is prototyping their own CMC (not the clip). I've e-mailed them, but got nothing back...
I apologize for you not receiving an email back, it might have been filtered out. Please feel free to shoot me a PM with questions you might have in the future.

As stated in the other thread, we are at the end of the testing faze and everything is looking good so far. We are going to have the kits ready to ship in hopefully 3-4 weeks depending on how the holiday season affects things.

We will definitely post a release once the parts are ready to go
Old Dec 5, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Andrew@AMS
I apologize for you not receiving an email back, it might have been filtered out. Please feel free to shoot me a PM with questions you might have in the future.

As stated in the other thread, we are at the end of the testing faze and everything is looking good so far. We are going to have the kits ready to ship in hopefully 3-4 weeks depending on how the holiday season affects things.

We will definitely post a release once the parts are ready to go
No I was referring to him saying call MAGNUS lol not you guys. I'm going to go with the AMS kit. Fell free to send me one pre-release..you knwo ... for testing and all .. lol
Old Dec 6, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Ok so sorry for sipping on the hatorade Magnus lol Just spoke with Marco at Magnus. I was just being an old debbie downer

Very nice guy. GREAT customer service from him. We discussed thousands of things lol unsure of what it could be exactly. Something seems to be binding. Maybe a bad clutch, not real sure. Checking everything a thousand times over again, then the tranny comes out to check clutch, pressure plate and all. Maybe....maybe don't have to do that lol

for you Marco. Really appreciate the time to discuss it.