Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:58 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the review.. it looks & sounds really nice!

Just wondering, since you've had both V2 versions.. how does the V2 Quiet compare to the V2 Regular in your opinion?

Comparing your earlier vids with the new ones, the Quiet still seems pretty close in loudness.. though, the Regular seems a little throatier at higher RPMs.

Thanks again
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:48 AM

Very nice review! I am still on edge of what exhaust to get. This is much quieter than others seem to make it out to be. Right now I have the Buschar "Quiet" cat back and it is far too loud for daily driving. I start my car early in the morning and feel like eventually my neighbors will get pissed.

Michael, I know this has been brought up before, but do you know how much quiter the V2 Quiet is from the Buschar quiet exhaust? I would much rather stick to ETS if possible since I was going for an all ETS built car. Let me know what you think. right now I have AMS Widemouth --> ETS Catted Test pipe --> Buschar Quiet exhaust.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 08:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Showsol2211
Very nice review! I am still on edge of what exhaust to get. This is much quieter than others seem to make it out to be. Right now I have the Buschar "Quiet" cat back and it is far too loud for daily driving. I start my car early in the morning and feel like eventually my neighbors will get pissed.

Michael, I know this has been brought up before, but do you know how much quiter the V2 Quiet is from the Buschar quiet exhaust? I would much rather stick to ETS if possible since I was going for an all ETS built car. Let me know what you think. right now I have AMS Widemouth --> ETS Catted Test pipe --> Buschar Quiet exhaust.
Honestly, I have never heard the Buschur quiet exhaust system. I've been asked this a couple times. I'm hoping one of my customers who switched will post up a video. It's hard to compare videos on youtube due to difference cameras, editing, etc.

Michael
Old Dec 14, 2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Honestly, I have never heard the Buschur quiet exhaust system. I've been asked this a couple times. I'm hoping one of my customers who switched will post up a video. It's hard to compare videos on youtube due to difference cameras, editing, etc.

Michael
Exactly, it would be awesome if someone would post a vid. I will definitely keep looking around. I would like to stick with ETS all around as that's what I have done in the past. Thanks Michael!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AFD
Thanks for the review.. it looks & sounds really nice!

Just wondering, since you've had both V2 versions.. how does the V2 Quiet compare to the V2 Regular in your opinion?

Comparing your earlier vids with the new ones, the Quiet still seems pretty close in loudness.. though, the Regular seems a little throatier at higher RPMs.

Thanks again
On my regular V2 I had Michael weld on a resonator and was not running a downpipe. I was also running the AMS HFC with it which is a 300 cell compared to the 200 cell ETS has. Even with all that done, My V2 quiet is still quite a bit quieter and it’s a full turbo back with ETS downpipe and the ETS 200 cell HFC. There is no droning at highway speeds at all with the quiet. My V2 regular did have some droning. I do miss the throatier sound of the V2 though, but I knew if I would have ran a downpipe it would have been to loud for me. Michael has it down pretty good on his website. I Would rank the quiet a 2-3 out of 10 in louder and the regular a 5-6 compared to stock. Heck, I bet if you just ran the exhaust it would not be at all louder then the stock 2011 GSR. Well worth it.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:23 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
On my regular V2..
Thanks

Think I'd probably be happy with either.. still waiting to find out pricing & specs (and hopefully pics/vids) on the V2 Regular Ti, before making a decision
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:28 AM

On my regular V2 I had Michael weld on a resonator and was not running a downpipe. I was also running the AMS HFC with it which is a 300 cell compared to the 200 cell ETS has. Even with all that done, My V2 quiet is still quite a bit quieter and it’s a full turbo back with ETS downpipe and the ETS 200 cell HFC. There is no droning at highway speeds at all with the quiet. My V2 regular did have some droning. I do miss the throatier sound of the V2 though, but I knew if I would have ran a downpipe it would have been to loud for me. Michael has it down pretty good on his website. I Would rank the quiet a 2-3 out of 10 in louder and the regular a 5-6 compared to stock. Heck, I bet if you just ran the exhaust it would not be at all louder then the stock 2011 GSR. Well worth it.
This alone has convinced me!

Maybe it's my AMS wide-mouth that is louder. My car just seems so loud from the front of the car.

Last edited by Showsol2211; Dec 15, 2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:15 AM

I own the exhaust mentioned in this post as I purchased it from Spazpilot -- I agree from the video it sounds quieter than the V2 I have with the resonator and stock o2 housing down pipe/cat pipe and even with the 200 cell cat and down pipe... Based upon the video I can't wait to purchase the down pipe and cat pipe reviewed here. Everyone has different tastes though and I like the noise lol.

Great Review!

Any deals out there ETS? lol

Last edited by CamaroSS_2002; Dec 17, 2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CamaroSS_2002
I own the exhaust mentioned in this post as I purchased it from Spazpilot -- I agree from the video it sounds quieter than the V2 I have with the resonator and stock o2 housing down pipe/cat pipe and even with the 200 cell cat and down pipe... Based upon the video I can't wait to purchase the down pipe and cat pipe reviewed here. Everyone has different tastes though and I like the noise lol.

Great Review!

I see you swaped out your 08 and kept the parts. Very smart man!!! I'm starting from scratch again. Thought I wouldn't buy another Evo, but there is something about the car that keeps me wanting one and here I am again.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_2002

Great Review!

Give me a call or PM. I'm sure we can work something out.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you use the stock hangers? after i got mine put on the exhaust is like 1/4 an inch away from the defuser. i see that you have a lot more clearance than that.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by haxr303
Did you use the stock hangers? after i got mine put on the exhaust is like 1/4 an inch away from the defuser. i see that you have a lot more clearance than that.
Sorry for the late reply. I no longer have that exhaust setup (or the car, traded it for my 13). I did use the stock hangers. I also if you look closely trimmed the defused because mine was actually touching.

On my 13 I ran the same setup but sold the quiet rear section and bought the regular V2 again. No trimming is required with that one and love the deeper sound it makes compared to the quiet.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i ended up hanging the exhaust on only 2 holes vs 3 and got a bit more clearance.