Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

I need to know which out of the two is the better buy for a min of 420wtq

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to know which out of the two is the better buy for a min of 420wtq

http://www.maperformance.com/spec-tw...win-evo-x.html

or

http://www.maperformance.com/exedy-s...ion-evo-x.html

the spec twin, holds more than double the tq that the exedy can but for some reason they are in the same price range. would a better comparison be the spec twin and the exedy triple?

this isnt about saving money, its about which is the better clutch for my goals, which is some where between 420-450wtq(i asked my tuner to keep the tq low because i have a stage 2 exedy).

i need feedback on these clutches from clutch gurus and members who are currently using these clutches.
thanks

Edward
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:56 PM

I don't know about the first one so I may not be much help but I currently have the stage 4Exedy Twin HD and I know It is more than enough for your needs. Once again I'm not sure about the other clutch listed but The Exedy Twin is nice bc if/when you burn through the clutch all you need is a $400 re-build kit and it's back to new. The Exedy Twin can really take some serious abuse as well. The only negative and it depends on the person is the HD is a bit heavy for daily use...I use it daily and it only slightly bothers me in traffic but i'm pretty use to it now. You will need to upgrade your CMC as either of those clutches will break/crack the stock clutch master cylinder after awhile. Hope I helped a bit and if not i'm sure someone else will chime in soon!! I would think either one will do you just fine.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shallowwhits
I don't know about the first one so I may not be much help but I currently have the stage 4Exedy Twin HD and I know It is more than enough for your needs. Once again I'm not sure about the other clutch listed but The Exedy Twin is nice bc if/when you burn through the clutch all you need is a $400 re-build kit and it's back to new. The Exedy Twin can really take some serious abuse as well. The only negative and it depends on the person is the HD is a bit heavy for daily use...I use it daily and it only slightly bothers me in traffic but i'm pretty use to it now. You will need to upgrade your CMC as either of those clutches will break/crack the stock clutch master cylinder after awhile. Hope I helped a bit and if not i'm sure someone else will chime in soon!! I would think either one will do you just fine.
I heard only great things about the exedy also, as for clutch pressure, it can't be worse than my stage 2(cmc was change a long time ago). I just don't understand why the are in the same price range unless the spec twin is just a terrible clutch. But idk, I'll wait for someone to chime in about the spec twin. Thanks again for taking the time to give me some feedback
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

go with exedy i have on both my cars and love them my triple is very close to stock