Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

loud rattle/bang and car bucking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loud rattle/bang and car bucking

today driving home i accelerated pretty good getting on the high way. something didnt sound right with the air flow almost the it was flowing too good. so i was playin with it.. then i punched it and it when my boost kicked in the car gave a good loud rattleing noise and the car bucked with loss of power. my question is could this be a symptom of a leak on the intake. i checked all my ic piping and everything seems nice and tight. and with a little pull the intake came off. i cant even get it back on its pretty nasty inside. it would stay put. do you guys thing that could of been the problem? thanks for the help
Old Feb 3, 2012, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crazems
today driving home i accelerated pretty good getting on the high way. something didnt sound right with the air flow almost the it was flowing too good. so i was playin with it.. then i punched it and it when my boost kicked in the car gave a good loud rattleing noise and the car bucked with loss of power. my question is could this be a symptom of a leak on the intake. i checked all my ic piping and everything seems nice and tight. and with a little pull the intake came off. i cant even get it back on its pretty nasty inside. it would stay put. do you guys thing that could of been the problem? thanks for the help
Sounds like a fuel cut, possibly due to overboost. My X is/was doing that recently. (Not the rattling, but the buck and loss of power). I'm searching for the cause. Did a CEL come on?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

i had one from my cat. but when i got home i tried to use evo scan to read it to see if anything else came up. and it said i had no code
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think the intake is your problem. Having a leak just means you're pulling in unfiltered air. I'd do a boost leak test.