Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Suggestions on new clutch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions on new clutch

Hey guys. Just wanna get some opinions on what clutch setups you like/dislike or have used. I think my clutch is starting to go which kind of surprised me but not really because I drag the car and its the stock unit. Anyway, Im looking for a solid replacement for the stock clutch that will be good up to about 600/600. I want something that is going to be DRIVABLE, but very good for drags at the track. Ive heard people say Comp Clutch and Exedy obviously but I really havent got into clutches to much and I think experience means alot more to me then whats on the box. MOD list is current below Thanx!
Old Apr 8, 2012, 02:19 PM

Hi there
I was running on exedy twin plate metallica it runs great and you can drive it daily, I had it for almost two years including going to drag tracks and the started to slip, but it did slip after to years I really like it, it did really good job on the track as well. My next one was act heavy duty I took it cuz I was short on cash it is cheap and great now I have it for almost 10 most and took it a lot to the track and my car set up is intercooler and ic piping costum turbo back exhaust tinned an I'm running 335whp at 23psi so if ur looking for something cheap and good ill say go with the act otherwise get the exedy
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:48 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Act hdg6.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 07:03 AM

Thanx guys
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:39 PM

I actually just got my Magnus cmc and Act HD clutch kit installed yesterday and I love it, pedal feel is so much better a lot crisper/sharper and it grabs so much nicer it makes speed shifting awesome. I couldnt be happier, also I stayed on stock flywheel. Just be prepared for a PITA install took an entire day ~12 hour install but well worth it. I would not recommend doing the clutch and leaving the ****ty plastic cmc in there though just do both and knock it out all at once. Be sure to let us know what you end up with man!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:07 PM

Im looking alot into the Exedy Twin HD.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:05 PM

Alright, droppin the car off at English next wednesday. Goin with one of Comp clutches setups that lucas likes plus a flywheel resurface. I had myles order me an ETS 02 dump aswell to throw that in cuz I cant go see them without getting some more ponies while im there haha.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:58 PM

been on the exedy twin hd for over 2 years, 20k miles multiple drag launches and destroying it in the streets. you can always buy a rebuild kit once it goes out as well
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:15 PM

Clutch options

There are some good options on lancershop.com
That is where I bought my 3rd clutch lol

I think a smaller starting company makes a comparable product as much as the big name companies. These smaller companies want to stay in business and it seems they do not want to make inferior products and have a bad rap about them . That is my experience with the clutches.

PS: I have had a 4 puck Exedi cluth and did not even last 6 months. If your car is a daily driver go with a standard not race pucks.