Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Meth Injection Kit Advice?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meth Injection Kit Advice?

Im currently running an FP Green Turbo set up with 280 cams and fully built head. Its tuned on 20psi and was told would need to run race gas or do a meth injection kit to push more boost.

Was wondering if there's any particular brand or website to order the kit from and average price range. Also any advice from anyone who has meth on their's and any GOOD or BAD experiences with it.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:42 PM

As far as brands go, I'm running an aquamist kit, its on the more expensive side $900, but It's worth it, and in my opinion better than the other kits out there because of the failsafe, flow gauge and many other options. If your going to be using meth, don't cheap out, it is risky running meth as it is if not done properly, and some would disagree on using it at all. The only reason i'm running meth is because 91 octane is only available in my area, and I have yet to find e85. I'm running a 50/50 mix of meth and water. Aquamist also has a good forum, and are very helpful if you have any issues or need help setting anything up. You should read up on it before really deciding...

Also I assume your running larger injectors, and fuel pump.. what size? This is critical for setting up nozzle size and the restrictor size.

The forum is here http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/

The main site is here http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

Also, check out http://howertonengineering.com/

Last edited by AWDs; Apr 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
this is not what your going to want to hear but dont waste your money just go e85
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AWDs
....I assume your running larger injectors, and fuel pump.. what size? This is critical for setting up nozzle size and the restrictor size.....
Don't tell the OP that he is going to need larger fuel injectors if he is going to be running Meth! This is not necessarily true. In fact, the opposite is usually the case. If he were to decide on running E-85, on the other hand, then he would need larger injectors and most likely a higher volume fuel pump.

Last edited by sparky; Apr 10, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostAddict420
Im currently running an FP Green Turbo....
Is this an "Old School" Green, or the newer HTA Green variety? There is quite a bit of difference between the two turbos.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostAddict420
Im...running an FP Green...with 280 cams and fully built head. Its tuned on 20psi and was told would need...race gas or...meth...to push more boost.....
Whoever told you that you could only run 20 PSI on 93 octane, and that you would need Meth or race gas to push it farther, just doesn't know what they are talking about.

I am assuming that you can still get 93 octane pump gas in your area. With the right tune, you should be able to run at least 24 PSI on straight 93 pump. That is with the emphasis on the "right tune."
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

1) Is this on the car in your sig or an X? If it's the one in your sig you posted in the wrong section. Otherwise see the rest of the post

2) That is a HUGE cam for a FP Green and completely unneccesary since you can't use like 1.5-2k rpm of it. That little turbo makes no boost over 8k.

3)E-85 should be available in your area and is a WAY better solution than a Meth Kit. You don't have to worry about if your meth kit is functioning properly or if your meth reservoir is full/empty. Upgrade your pump and injectors if you haven't already and run on E-85. I've seen FP Greens locally run 29-30psi on E-85 and make 450whp+ on stock Evo X head/block with cams and bolt ons
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:07 PM

Running a walboro 255 and 950cc injectors. What are advantages to e85 over regular with a meth kit and does anything else need to be done to switch other than flip the tune?

Thanks for the replys guys it's been a big help.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:07 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
If e85 is an option for you, investigate that route! If not, meth injection is THE way to go for high octane/high boost. Aquamist HFS-3 is probably perfect for most people, use two injectors placed a few feet apart in the LICP and a 50/50 mix, you'll be in good shape
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

First of all you need to find a new tuner if they are telling you 20psi is the limit on pumpgas.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
listen to scheides. i personally ran the devils own injection cause i liked the 62mm gauge style controller... but to each his own... if i didnt short out my controller i would sell you my kit. i ran it to 33psi on 91 with the first build in my sig
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Anarchy99
First of all you need to find a new tuner if they are telling you 20psi is the limit on pumpgas.
he is running massive cams on a built head. so i would assume he is flowing more air then a stock motor does... 20psi in one motor is a completely different story in another. not to mention is on a green which means he's hitting 20psi at like 3k-3.5k

i aint saying his tuner is right but it all based off what his motor can handle
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:09 PM

Regardless of what direction the OP decides to go, a water/meth setup will allow you to maximize your motors potential on pump gas. Although it is not advisable to run alot of timing on it in case your water/meth pump fails, but the cooling effect of the water and meth helps to make power safer at any boost/timing level.

With the proper controller and nozzles for the water/meth, you can ramp the meth injection. So unless you are deep in the throttle all the time, you wouldn't need to refill it all the time as some have mentioned. A low level indicator can also give you advanced notice to chill out and keep it out of deep boost until you can find a store that sells windshield washer fluid... which you can find anywhere.

I have one installed on my project Ford Lightning and will also install one on my new 2012 Evo MR. The potential to tune and advance timing until the motor won't make any more power is there.

You won't need to upgrade your injectors or fuel pump because of a meth system unless your tuner plans to increase your boost with it as well.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

i went with a 2.5 gal tank from devils own... OH that reminds me. i miss spoke earlier. the kit was coolingmist with the 62mm gauge controller. the tank was devil's own.

2.5 gals. my pump actually wore out before i made it to the bottom...

but i was running mixes of other chemicals to help reduce knock and the seals couldnt take it after so long... but the seal kit was only 20 bucks.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Stay away save your money

Quick Reply: Meth Injection Kit Advice?