Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

P0247 Wastegate Solenoid B

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0247 Wastegate Solenoid B

Ok so here is the deal. I got this code about a month ago. Cleared it. it returned today, cleared it and then came back instantly once I got into boost. So now I know something is wrong. My car has a Perrin EBCS and no stock solenoids. The Perrin is plugged into the brown connector and what was the black connector (now a grey DTM connector) has 2 resistors soldered in series. Well one of the broke. No problem, I can get another one at the Shack. I put a meter on both of them and the larger one came back at 1.3 and the smaller one came back at .557. Pictures below. When I bought the car there was only one wire connected to the stock black female plug with these resitors just shoved in the socket. I rewired them with an appropiate connector.

If you look at the connectors you can see that the resistors were wired between the extened blue w/silver and the red/yellow w/silver. Does this make sense? Had my car tuned with Clipse last year and all was great with no issues other than a bad MAF that we replaced.

Also, any electrical engineer guys on here that can tell me about the resistors in the picture? And the last question is, do I need these resistors?
Attached Thumbnails P0247 Wastegate Solenoid B-connectors.jpg   P0247 Wastegate Solenoid B-resistors.jpg  
Old May 20, 2012, 09:44 AM

So my next question is, since there was no answer for the first, what happens if there is no solenoid B connected? Do you just get the code? Remember that my car has a 3 port EBCS.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:20 AM

I think the first is a 390ohm and the second is a 560ohm. Beyond that I'm not sure what they do, but probably fool the ECU into thinking the solenoid is still there.
Old May 20, 2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ripnet
I think the first is a 390ohm and the second is a 560ohm. Beyond that I'm not sure what they do, but probably fool the ECU into thinking the solenoid is still there.
Yeah the first is a 560 but the second is 8.3k seems way high since the manual states that the resistance for the solenoid is 29-35 ohms, which I tried and still get the ses.