Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Can this get me to at least 350hp?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 10:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I wouldn't say the uicp is a good bang for the buck either... they're in the 200-250 range, add nothing to maybe 4 whp and maybe a little response if your stock one is old and worn out. Not trying to be an a$$ about it, just call it like i see it. personally I didn't feel any difference when I added mine...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toodrunk2see
Never said that an uicp was required but is a good bang for you buck upgrade. I forgot to mention if you plan on doing an upgraded turbo later you might want to take that into consideration when you get your downpipe. For stock frame turbos, in my "opinion" the AMS widemouth is the best out there.
i've heard AMS was really good too, but does the UR I plan on getting good for any particular turbo?

Originally Posted by warmmilk
I wouldn't say the uicp is a good bang for the buck either... they're in the 200-250 range, add nothing to maybe 4 whp and maybe a little response if your stock one is old and worn out. Not trying to be an a$$ about it, just call it like i see it. personally I didn't feel any difference when I added mine...

na not being an a$$, thanks for your input. but still curious though, if and when my budget allows me to get a turbo, i know that it was mentioned above that there is debate on getting the intercooler kit especially for my goals as of current, but im going to use it as a DD, will it benefit me at all to get it? I dont know if theres any correlation to a larger intercooler/piping to a turbo, but will it help much?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:51 PM
EvoM Guru

as far as I know every turbo setup for the Evo X on sale currently is designed to work with an oem fitting intercooler. you won't need to change it again if you decide to change the turbo later.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just go with a UICP, Intake, TBE, 3port and tune. That will defently hit your goal.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 06:46 PM

IMHO...GET WHAT YOU WANT...I can sit here and debate all day on this forum of what works what doesn't and what is worth it and what isn't. Everyone has an opinion. I am sure thats why you made this thread is to get opinions but in the end get what makes you happy and what you feel comfortable with. The most important thing is "TUNE"!! Like I stated previously...most everyone is getting in the range you want with the mods you listed...some more some less. Good luck!
Old Jun 2, 2012, 04:38 AM

They both bolt up to the stock frame turbos but its more about what you want in the future. When you upgrade the turbo if you stay with a stock frame turbo then do the research and get the best one out there. But if you plan on going with an aftermarket kit I would go with something maybe a bit cheaper since it would get replaced in the kit. Sometimes it's worth waiting and saving for a part because most of the time you pay for what you get.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 01:54 PM
EvoM Guru

^i haven't seen any aftermarket turbo kits for the evo x that come with its own intercooler. Since all evos have intercoolers everyone makes their kits work with stock style intercoolers
Old Jun 3, 2012, 05:29 PM

thanks everyone for your inputs! this thread is great and is extremely helpful.
i will definitely get a tune for sure and i think ill just stick with the UICP, TBE, intake, 3port and in the meantime look into upgrading the turbo further down the road.

ill post numbers when everything is all said and done
Old Jun 3, 2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by StormtrooperX
thanks everyone for your inputs! this thread is great and is extremely helpful.
i will definitely get a tune for sure and i think ill just stick with the UICP, TBE, intake, 3port and in the meantime look into upgrading the turbo further down the road.

ill post numbers when everything is all said and done

Good Luck!