Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Supporting an increased Rev Limiter 8500-9000

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Showbizz41
And you stayed 2.0 stock sleeves?
Yea I ended up staying with them.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The Unknown
Yea I ended up staying with them.
How far are you gonna go with boost?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

How far are you gonna go with boost?
I wont go any higher then 28 on pump where its at now. (safe) it does spike at 31 where it boost cuts. On E85 I will be higher and hoping to hit mid 700 to wheels. I will be retuning shortly but currently im broke as hell.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:14 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by murlo26
sleeves....unless money is an issue, sleeve it while its out.

Then you don't have to worry about them ever if you get more mod bug and upgrade more.
Money is always an issue

Furthermore sleeving ads a TON of downtime...I opted to just bore my stock sleeves over .020 and it was reeeally quick build at MAP!

The info i've read is to stay in or around 500 wheel if not sleeved and sticking with the 2.0 to be safe...?
Idk, im at ~600whp dynojet and have been for about 8 months...no sign of deterioration or deforming of cylinders, I check compression every few months. Idk how much further I'd go though!

Originally Posted by laksman91
What about rod bolts, ARP2000 suffice, or would you need something like the 625
Of course! MAP built my short lock with standard ARP hardware and I assembled it with standard ARP head bolts, that's all that was available when I built my motor almost 2 years ago.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides
Money is always an issue

Furthermore sleeving ads a TON of downtime...I opted to just bore my stock sleeves over .020 and it was reeeally quick build at MAP!

Idk, im at ~600whp dynojet and have been for about 8 months...no sign of deterioration or deforming of cylinders, I check compression every few months. Idk how much further I'd go though!

Of course! MAP built my short lock with standard ARP hardware and I assembled it with standard ARP head bolts, that's all that was available when I built my motor almost 2 years ago.

Good to know that its held up at those power levels.. How many miles have you put on that setup?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Money is always an issue

For some people money isn't an issue

I agree with what you are saying though, its just different for every person. Regardless of what I did my builds always took 6 months Also many people don't dd these cars.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:04 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Good to know that its held up at those power levels.. How many miles have you put on that setup?
About 18500 on the motor now. ~3k with the BBX on pump making ~450whp dyno jet, 11k with it on e85 ~550whp then 4000 or so on the EF4 making 600-630whp.

Originally Posted by murlo26
For some people money isn't an issue

I agree with what you are saying though, its just different for every person. Regardless of what I did my builds always took 6 months Also many people don't dd these cars.
Ya I pushed like hell and mine took about 6-7 weeks iirc...would have been less but work and life (family vacation over thanksgiving). I started on a Thursday or Friday, MAP had my short block on Monday. I got it back 3 weeks later after parts back order and contemplating strokers (only one one or two were out there at the time and having problems), the head a few days later. Issue with one of the cams pushed it out another week, then cam buckets another week, assembly and troubleshooting another week. I'm slow but not changing too much (intake, displacement, injectors) meant I could fire it up and go do vacuum pulls straight away.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:47 PM

Money is always an issue

+1 on downtime for sleeving it. this took the most time on my motor from buschur