Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Agp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agp

Does anyone know anything about AGP products for 800 dollars i could buy a FMIC and Piping
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
If you can't. let me know and i will see what I can work out for you
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:03 PM

will do i like your service a lot its just i dont have that extra 200 at the moment and i just got a new turbo but now need a front mount
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor

We got options what thickness are you trying to get 3.5? You don't really need the lower pipe on the X. The rear upper pipe is what makes the power.

You can get an intercooler in 3.5" form for around $589.00 and just the rear upper pipe for $119.00. The lower pipe is already 2.5" or close to it, it won't affect performance changing it out.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Also try staying away from running the blow off valve on the hot side of the setup. You want it as close to the throttle body as possible.

michael
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Michael

How is agp's quality?

I remember you posted a pic of the superior placement of your fins. If I remember correctly it was for For turbulence purposes.

Last edited by vanilla2; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
AGP makes nice products. Their intercooler, in my mind, has the best bang/buck on the market right now. Large core, cast end-tanks, good fitment, etc.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:08 AM

So your saying stock Lower pipe is fine? I have a Upgarded turbo and I've heard lower pipe is the best. But I would want the whole upper pipe. Could your give m a price for everything with Lower piper and without it
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

The stock lower pipe is going to be a restriction for you, especially now that you have an aftermarket turbo, since it is ~2.36" in diameter (as is the stock upper elbow). I have a FMIC very similar to AGP's along with a 3" Depo LICP and it's a nice setup; the 3" outlet and LICP design AGP uses is a nice little bonus IMO, especially if you have a ported throttle body.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:46 PM

Whats a depo lower pipe? Sorry I'm new to this.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NVmeSTI
Whats a depo lower pipe? Sorry I'm new to this.
Depo is the brand. You are on the same boat as me. There are so many brands for the Evo that I get dizzy just trying to figure out what I want. Luckily ets and other companies post here to help us out.

There are many companies that make parts. Nisei makes intercooler piping and Depo does too. Lol.

However finding the best one is the hardest thing because if you post here you will get 40 different answers.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

I have a Nisei upper and Depo lower

I personally won't buy steel IC pipes, and I prefer single piece; less welds/couplers = less turbulence.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka
AGP makes nice products. Their intercooler, in my mind, has the best bang/buck on the market right now. Large core, cast end-tanks, good fitment, etc.
+1

I like ETS alot but Love my AGP set up!!
Attached Thumbnails Agp-620554_10151078997807042_1670242029_o.jpg  
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

The lower pipe is mainly for the Evo 8 - The Evo X the lower pipe does not make that big of a difference. It's more for preventive maintenance. Over time the coupler will get soaked with oil, brittle/harden up and want to pop off. This is common the 8/9's with higher miles (upper pipe).

We prefer stainless for a couple reasons.

1.) Overtime the brackets on the piping will not wear through and rip off the pipe. This is very common in aluminum piping due to vibration.

2.) Stainless does a great job keeping the cold air in the pipes and separating it self from the warm air in the engine bay. If the engine bay is warm/hot the aluminum will absorb the heat much faster than stainless steel. This is one of the reasons you see aluminum used for the intercooler/heat exchanger. It does a great job transferring heat. But without external air flow or a way to transfer the heat will simply absorb the heat.

3.) Clamps. You can tighten the t-bolt's as tight as possible and the clamp will break before the piping will bend and oval. It's common to see aluminum pipes oval or creased from over tightening. Once creased it's almost impossible to get round again.

This is one of the many reasons we can back up our products with a lifetime warranty. We are sure they will outlast the vehicle.

--- We have a mandrel bender in house. We build everything in house. We have complete control of all R&D and quality control.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NVmeSTI
Does anyone know anything about AGP products for 800 dollars i could buy a FMIC and Piping
I bought the whole shibang from AGP. CAI, UICP, LICP, IC, etc. The fitment is great, and the parts look great. I had mine powdercoated, as well. ETS is also a great company, but bottom line price is bottom line price. I got a great deal by bundling everything together, too. I was $1k OTD with powder-coating. That is a deal that is hard to beat. Check around on the web about AGP. They have good customer service, as well.

Quick Reply: Agp