Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stock BOV

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock BOV

Im installing the Injen Short Ram Kit w/ UICP and was looking around and noticed that the Evo's are set up stock with a Recirculating BOV. when i install the Intake Kit, will the stock BOV bolt right up to the Injen without any modifications? also i was wondering if there was a way to turn the stock recirculating BOV in to a VTA BOV and some how plug the LICP from where the recirculating tube enters?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You should read up more on this forum about what we do with people that want to VTA. I pray for your soul!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:37 PM

lol dont worry i was already reading up on this after i posted this thread. been seeing alot about staying with the recirculating BOV and not doing the VTA. posted this too soon lol
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Recirculating tubes enters the intake, not the LICP
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:45 PM

Thank God we have you Evo veterans around for rescue xP
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:45 AM

Exactly, and im also glad i did more research on this otherwise i would have spent an extra $800 for something i didnt need. I installed the Injen set up and everything is running just fine. I think big difference with the new intake and UICP esp with the pickup/torque.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:53 AM

ok I know people have there thoughts but i watched a vid that did the compasrison of rec vs vta and they proved that there is no diff on a dyno or performance gain/loss with the too. they have the car on a dyno they didn't touch the tune and yeah no problems. so I know its annoying when people ask to go vta cuz the sound it makes but performance wise it truly doesn't matter.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jgoble32
ok I know people have there thoughts but i watched a vid that did the compasrison of rec vs vta and they proved that there is no diff on a dyno or performance gain/loss with the too. they have the car on a dyno they didn't touch the tune and yeah no problems. so I know its annoying when people ask to go vta cuz the sound it makes but performance wise it truly doesn't matter.
Correct

And on the Evo 10 we have a stock speed density/MAP setup along with the MAF sensor, so a VTA BOV has zero effect on driveability like everyone likes to throw out there. It truly is a matter of personal preference and a bit if engine bay dress up.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ScottSpeed21
Correct

And on the Evo 10 we have a stock speed density/MAP setup along with the MAF sensor, so a VTA BOV has zero effect on driveability like everyone likes to throw out there. It truly is a matter of personal preference and a bit if engine bay dress up.

Bump!

I come from the dsm world, vta is very bad...so I'd imagine that would be with ANY boosted car, but if I wanted to take that tube and throw it in a bush, I can? It seems "too good to be true"
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ScottSpeed21
Correct

Bump!

I come from the dsm world, vta is very bad...so I'd imagine that would be with ANY boosted car, but if I wanted to take that tube and throw it in a bush, I can? It seems "too good to be true"
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by etay89
Bump!

My understanding is no. What happens it the MAF sensor already registered that air. When you vent it out to the atmosphere the ECU doesn't know where that air has gone so it dumps fuel. You will run RICH in between shifts.

Someone correct me if I am wrong please.

-Chris
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

the ricer in me wants the swoosh sound!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by flipflop
the ricer in me wants the swoosh sound!
Get an intake It makes it pretty loud honestly! We have a couple ETS Intakes left.

-Chris
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by XTR Performance
My understanding is no. What happens it the MAF sensor already registered that air. When you vent it out to the atmosphere the ECU doesn't know where that air has gone so it dumps fuel. You will run RICH in between shifts.

Someone correct me if I am wrong please.

-Chris
That's how I always knew a maf to act...but preinstalled sd? If that's the case, then why was the recirc tube put there in the first place?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by etay89
That's how I always knew a maf to act...but preinstalled sd? If that's the case, then why was the recirc tube put there in the first place?
Yes, that's how MAF cars act with MAF only. MAF sees air, provides fuel for said air, if you dump some air, you have less air with the same fuel...meaning very rich.

On our car, the MAF will see the air coming in, but the MAP will see the throttle close and cut fuel. A VTA BOV acts the same and provides the same driveability as a recirculated valve.

Quick Reply: Stock BOV