Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

420+ awhp

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
420+ awhp

Hello fellow evom members. Let me start by introducing my car. It is an 08 PB gsr SSS. After having this car for a couple years I got the speed bug and want to start modding the car. This isn't my DD car, and I would use it as a weekend warrior, however, will not track the car. Just want to put down good power to make it fun to drive.

My goal is to reach 420+ awhp on pump gas (crappy 91 oct) as I live in so cal. I have a few parts I just purchased but want input/ideas/suggestions on what upgrades and parts I would need to reach this goal. I have a budget of about 4500 and I don't mind getting "lower name brand" parts as long as they are good quality. Best bang for the buck.

Here is the list of parts I have purchased:
UR cat back exhaust
Harmon motive intake
Work SS
Grimmspeed 3-port

Now I have been debating between the MAP turbos Those which would be the EF2 or EF3. Also the Red and Green by FP.
Don't want to max out all parts and also not plannin on an aggressive tune.

Also been thinking of cams to help reach HP goals but don't know which would be the best combination set up.

Lastly I will be replacing the clutch and not sure which one to go with also that isn't too bad in heavy so cal traffic.

Thanks in advanced for the input or suggestions.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:10 PM

Someone, anyone, have any suggestions or ideas? I've searched for hours and hours and come up with a lot of mixed conclusions
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have crappy 91 gas go EF3.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:19 PM

Unfortunately that's all I have near me is crappy 91. Thanks for the input
Old Mar 22, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Add a downpipe(ams), test pipe(any brand all the same)depo or ets fmic, spec stage 3 or comp stage 3 clutch, Magnus cmc kit, afr gauge, boost gauge, fp red will give you the most power, ef3 is almost identical and is alot cheaper. If you have extra money get an Uicp,
Old Mar 22, 2013, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Don't go with a Fp Green if you are going to stay stock internals.
Definitely a FP red. or EF3 or EF4. (Map's turbos are definitely cheaper but a tiny bit behind FP's)

I would Suggest a o2 dump downpipe from either MAP or ETS. They will give you a bit more power over the AMS widemouth downpipe.
Definitely a test pipe too, Get one that has a bend in it so that it doesn't rub/grind on your driveshaft carrier.
As far as cams, you wouldn't want to go to anything that is more aggressive than GSC s1's. The more aggressive ones would require head work and the bottom end of the powerband might take a hit without a aggressive tune.

Injectors:Im at 439awhp on FIC 900's, They handle it just fine.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 07:34 PM

"if you have extra money get an Uicp" this should be one of the first things you get the UICP is one of the best bang for the buck mods imo. look into depo racing for good budget plumbing(FMIC and piping), I perfer ETS but it does cost a bit more. Like mentioned above, EF3 turbo will get you to your goal if set up properly, you will also need to flow more fuel, look into at least a walbro 255 with some 1000-1300cc injectors. Might also want to think about E85 if its available in your area. Good luck with your goals.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:05 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Aquamist
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by cdmassee
Don't go with a Fp Green if you are going to stay stock internals.
Definitely a FP red. or EF3 or EF4. (Map's turbos are definitely cheaper but a tiny bit behind FP's)

I would Suggest a o2 dump downpipe from either MAP or ETS. They will give you a bit more power over the AMS widemouth downpipe.
Definitely a test pipe too, Get one that has a bend in it so that it doesn't rub/grind on your driveshaft carrier.
As far as cams, you wouldn't want to go to anything that is more aggressive than GSC s1's. The more aggressive ones would require head work and the bottom end of the powerband might take a hit without a aggressive tune.

Injectors:Im at 439awhp on FIC 900's, They handle it just fine.

Would FP green with GSC S1's be a better combination than EF3 with GSC S1's?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by bmh11evo
"if you have extra money get an Uicp" this should be one of the first things you get the UICP is one of the best bang for the buck mods imo. look into depo racing for good budget plumbing(FMIC and piping), I perfer ETS but it does cost a bit more. Like mentioned above, EF3 turbo will get you to your goal if set up properly, you will also need to flow more fuel, look into at least a walbro 255 with some 1000-1300cc injectors. Might also want to think about E85 if its available in your area. Good luck with your goals.

I was thinking of getting a DW65c with FIC 1100 and a boomba fuel rail?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rktechevox
I was thinking of getting a DW65c with FIC 1100 and a boomba fuel rail?
DW65 and Injector Dynamics 1000cc Done. We actually have a sale on this setup right now

As for turbo choices you also have the BBK Full from CBRD. Amazing turbo that makes awesome power and spools pretty well too.

-Chris
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by XTR Performance
DW65 and Injector Dynamics 1000cc Done. We actually have a sale on this setup right now

As for turbo choices you also have the BBK Full from CBRD. Amazing turbo that makes awesome power and spools pretty well too.

-Chris
PM me for pricing on this

Also thinking of getting the comp stage 3 or 3.5 clutch as my oem clutch is finally slipping with ~90k miles on her

Anyone else have any parts for sale that would help my build PM me
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

PM me for pricing on this

Also thinking of getting the comp stage 3 or 3.5 clutch as my oem clutch is finally slipping with ~90k miles on her

Anyone else have any parts for sale that would help my build PM me
Sending you prices now. Also be aware that the Walbro 255 DOES NOT fit directly. You need to do modifications to get that pump to fit. The DW65 is a drop in pump .

-Chris
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:03 PM

Yes that's why I'm going DW65 instead of other ones
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes that's why I'm going DW65 instead of other ones
Let us know

-Chris

Quick Reply: 420+ awhp