Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Coverting to E85 and have couple questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coverting to E85 and have couple questions

I do not DD my Evo anymore. So, I figured it will be a good time to start feeding her corn.

FIC 1100s are currently in transit and I am already rocking Walbro 255 with MAP Install kit. On paper it looks like I have everything I need to do the switch but it seemed this was way too simple. So, I started to navigate through the old E85 conversion threads. Found some great information on this thread

Based on what I have been reading the sock filter that comes with the MAP install kit is paper. E85 + paper filter = Clogged injectors. Therefore, it is recommended to replace the paper filter with Evo 8/9 sock before making the switch.
In addition, the plastic fuel line that comes with the MAP kit is not E85 compatible and should be swapped as well.

It looks like Blaqops kit would have been the perfect solution as it comes with everything I need; E85 Safe fuel lines, Evo 8/9 sock filter, E85 safe inline-filter (I currently do not have one). However, since I already have Walbro 255, it is pointless and waste of $$$ to pay $270 only for the hardware.

With that being said, can you guys please critique the hardware below which I am planning to get to E85 proof my fuel system.

As mentioned on the thread above, it is better to get an inline filter that is cleanable vs disposable so I am thinking about getting Golan InLine Fuel Filter:
http://www.jayracing.com/fuel-filters-c-2_14/
Although, I do not know which one to get and required hardware to install it on the car. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Evo 8/9 Sock Filter
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...1&bestseller=Y

Submergible Fuel Lines:
???? Not sure where to get these. These will be used the replace the plastic line which came with the MAP install kit and to install the inline fuel filter.

Let me know your suggestions/recommendations and if I have missed anything.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAP install kit is E85 safe AFAIK. I've been running mine for a few months now without any problems

I personally use a Jegs in-line fuel filter ($28)
Old Jul 5, 2013, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
BlaqOps fuel pump kits have more failures than any other that I've seen. If I were you though, I would replace that crappy plastic straw hose that MAP includes with their kit with some actual quality Gates submersible hose; it's expensive, but it's E85-safe and won't deteriorate sitting inside your fuel tank.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0887&ppt=C0222