Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

RED triangle with ! in it + weird stuff.. NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RED triangle with ! in it + weird stuff.. NEED HELP

The last weekend end up with that damn red triangle with the exclamation mark in it. At that point, the car just died ?!?, I tried to restart it, won't start.. I then look couple things in the engine bay to find out that Fuse 21 (ignition coil) was blown. Replace it and the car started normally.. then I tried to reach home.. with a few more red triangle showing in the display. once at home, I discover that it's supposed to be related to a timing chain issue. that would make sence cause the car had a rought idle

On Monday morning, I got the car towed to the dealer, they found C121C and U1417. They cleared it and we went for a drive, and the car behaved normally..... ... ... until I arrived home.

Today, I drove it on the morning, the triangle appeared only once going for work (about 40Km) but on my way back.. It appeared 7 times ?!?!?... so I went straight to the dealer again.. they pull out P0830 (clutch switch)... it makes no sense ??
Again the just reset it, an the car would behave normally again...

Back home I decided to investigate a little bit on the wiring on engine side, since I record with the cobb some strange fluctuation on the battery voltage, and I found that pin 81 & 93 of the ECU are completely burnt.

Both are ECM ground.. Is anyone knows what could be the cause of this... and can the car runs without these ?

thanks a lot for your help
Old Aug 23, 2013, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not drive the car after seeing burnt pins. Something isnt grounded right somewhere and this could start a fire and burn the whole car up.