Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-Race 3" cat-back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full-Race 3" cat-back exhaust

Hi,
Has anyone used / Is anyone using the Full-Race 3" cat-back exhaust?

If yes, does this exhaust neck down at the area near the cat?

How loud is it compared to other stainless steel 3" cat-back exhaust?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never even heard of the brand "Full-Race" until this thread. And from pictures on the website yes it does go from 3" to 2.5" to meet the stock cat. I would absolutely not buy that. You can find much better catbacks for $700 imho.

Old Sep 9, 2013, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scarlett x
i've never even heard of the brand "full-race" until this thread. And from pictures on the website yes it does go from 3" to 2.5" to meet the stock cat. I would absolutely not buy that. You can find much better catbacks for $700 imho.

+1
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:25 AM

You are both wrong its actually 3" straight through. The resonator you are seeing on the midpipe is 3" INNER diameter, so it looks like its shrinking. All piping is 3" with a larger resonated midpipe.

Full Race makes very very high quality parts. I actually just ordered this exhaust. If you want to see their quality take one look at their manifolds.

I can't wait for mine to come in. I'll post a review and some pics to help with the confusion.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Full Race is a great company, like the guy above me said check out their manifolds if you have any doubts in quality
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

As stated above the exhaust does not taper down. It stays 3inch all the way back.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

ARK Design. Google it.

You're welcome.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

ARK is cheap IMO. To many issues..
Old Oct 1, 2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scarlett X
I've never even heard of the brand "Full-Race" until this thread.
Not sure what that means, but better late than never on hearing about one of the best turbo manifold designers/manufacturers in the world and one of the best minds in the turbo industry in Geoff. A shame how he was run off this site. A loss for the EVO community here.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
price is only $450 and it's a nice looking and sounding exhaust. wish they made a test pipe for it.

Originally Posted by darkrom
I can't wait for mine to come in. I'll post a review and some pics to help with the confusion.
can you try to weigh it?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by BehindSpace999
Not sure what that means, but better late than never on hearing about one of the best turbo manifold designers/manufacturers in the world and one of the best minds in the turbo industry in Geoff. A shame how he was run off this site. A loss for the EVO community here.
What happened to them on this site? I've always loved their products and as soon as I get this on the car I'll do videos (once I get my go pro) and some pics and a review. I expect top notch as usual with them. I'd be absolutely thrilled to run all full race parts on my build as it progresses. I am already hoping to get their intercooler whenever time comes for a new IC. Their turbo manifold is amazing looking as well, but I'll be stock turbo for a while. I'd still love to see what it can do with a tune and that manifold anyway.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
ARK is cheap IMO. To many issues..
agreed..
Old Oct 2, 2013, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by darkrom
What happened to them on this site? I've always loved their products and as soon as I get this on the car I'll do videos (once I get my go pro) and some pics and a review. I expect top notch as usual with them. I'd be absolutely thrilled to run all full race parts on my build as it progresses. I am already hoping to get their intercooler whenever time comes for a new IC. Their turbo manifold is amazing looking as well, but I'll be stock turbo for a while. I'd still love to see what it can do with a tune and that manifold anyway.
Get the EFR kit, you won't regret it. He was banned for having full-race in his name and sig and not being a paying vendor

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/al...-build-27.html
Old Oct 3, 2013, 05:19 AM

Oh wow VERY ****ty.

I know another forum that has full race discussion on it, I'll spend most of my time there as I do anyway, but I'll still give you guys some nice pics and reviews/info on the exhaust when it shows up.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by momostallion
price is only $450 and it's a nice looking and sounding exhaust. wish they made a test pipe for it.

Use whatever TP your prefer. I had a TP before and ended up switching to a turboXS HFC with only 100cell and it only cost me 1WHP, but you can no longer smell the fuel which is great both for my passengers and law enforcement.

can you try to weigh it?
I'll try. If they don't have a scale in the garage where we are installing it then probably not :P I'll see if the shipping box has any weight or anything. I'll try. Worst case hit up full race. They will know.

Quick Reply: Full-Race 3" cat-back exhaust