Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Low Mileage Maintenance Intervals?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Low Mileage Maintenance Intervals?

I have had a 2010 Evo X GSR for the past 3-1/2 years and it only has around 8,500 miles as it is a secondary car that I unfortunately do not get to drive as often as I would like. I basically drive it once or twice a week during the weekend semi-store it during the winter months, though I do run it twice a week and occasionally drive it during that time.

During this time, the only major maintenance has been several oil changes and I had to add like a half cup of 50/50 prestone premix coolant to the overflow reservoir.

What more should I do at this point? I have called around and both the dealership and tuner shops have said not to waste my money on changing anything else. All fluids are at normal levels and the car runs in top shape. Just looking for your thoughts. Should I not change the coolant at least? Maybe the trans fluids?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 02:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO id change oil every 3k or 3 months. Im not sure what the oem diaqueen is rated for month wise. The owners manual might have the miles/months for the other fluids. I need to look into it myself since I rarely drive my X as well.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tmosser
IMO id change oil every 3k or 3 months. Im not sure what the oem diaqueen is rated for month wise. The owners manual might have the miles/months for the other fluids. I need to look into it myself since I rarely drive my X as well.
Some tell me that we can keep long life synthetics for up to year provided the mileage is kept low. Even the dealership said the same, which I found odd. In my 8,500 miles in 3-1/2 years I have changed the oil 6 or 7 times.

I had the car in for service and checkup over the weekend and went ahead and had the coolant system flushed and pressure tested. It wasn't necessary, but I felt like I had to do something else after 3-1/2 years of ownership besides oil changes. They said, brake, power steering and trans, and diff fluids did not need to be done.