Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need a clutch!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a clutch!!!

Hi, my clutch recently went out on my evo. It's a 2010 gsr with most all of the bolt ons. I've been looking up and down the internet for some deals and I was hoping you guys could help me out with some of it.
Firstly I'm considering some ebay clutches because of their price. What do you guys think of the XTD/PPC/ or KUPP?
Then I obviously went to some known street tested clutches like the ACT/Exedy and Competition but I cant really find a good deal on them (under $400)
It would really help if you guys could give your opinions or experience with those ebay clutches and if you got any deals on those ACT/Exedy or Competition clutches I'm very interested.
- Car puts down between 350-370 and I want something strong enough to hold through anything yet still streetable!!!
-Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2013, 08:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't go ebay. Dropping the trans on these cars is way too much work to have to do it again shortly after the clutch fails. ACT, Exedy, Competition clutch are all good brands.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 09:27 PM

Son of a b****... Already ordered an ebay clutch. I ordered the KUPP stage 3 clutch. It looked promising and the pressure plate looked a lot beefier than the stock one. Researched it and the pressure plate has the same design a competition. What do you think?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 09:37 PM

Its just I got such ridiculous reviews that were so off the map I couldn't tell wtf to think. Act wore down fast then I got act is the best... comp has clutch engagement issues then is was comp stage 2 is the best then for the ebay stuff it was the same crap all over the board... still don't know what to think...
Old Oct 14, 2013, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would send it back dude. If you decide to use it let us know as I'd be curious how it works out.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 06:59 AM

My stock clutch did the same thing... How many miles did you have on it with the mods before the issues arose?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:44 AM

Any updates? Did you put the ebay one?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the act hdss with the streetlite flywheel and i love it. fyi for future reference, dont buy ANY ebay parts. You bought an evo for a reason, dont ruin it with cheap ****ty parts.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by elkazX
I have the act hdss with the streetlite flywheel and i love it. fyi for future reference, dont buy ANY ebay parts. You bought an evo for a reason, dont ruin it with cheap ****ty parts.
couldn't have said it better myself.

return ebay clutch for a competition or another mentioned above.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:24 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by IRPerformance
Don't go ebay. Dropping the trans on these cars is way too much work to have to do it again shortly after the clutch fails. ACT, Exedy, Competition clutch are all good brands.
All that needs to be said
Old Nov 6, 2014, 08:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah I would def not skimp on something like a clutch. I just put in a comp stg 3 with MAP cmc kit. I dd mine & it is damn near stock feel. I have about 5,xxx miles on it.