Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need opinions for next upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions for next upgrade

So I'm running the ETS cat back with test pipe, ETS intake and stage two tune from Cobb. Where should I put my money next? Don't see the need for a pro tune yet. But in terms of mods I'd like to invest in something and really put some more power down. Ic piping yea I know but besides that.. What do you guys think? Injectors and fuel pump with tune ? Down pipe?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanM505
So I'm running the ETS cat back with test pipe, ETS intake and stage two tune from Cobb. Where should I put my money next? Don't see the need for a pro tune yet. But in terms of mods I'd like to invest in something and really put some more power down. Ic piping yea I know but besides that.. What do you guys think? Injectors and fuel pump with tune ? Down pipe?
Neither injectors or fuel pump with net you any more power. The stock ones are not maxed out on your mods.

The downpipe doesn't really need to be replaced until you have a bigger turbo, so doesn't really give you many gains either.

IC piping also doesn't produce horsepower either generally, just increases responsiveness.

Honestly you have the bolt ons that give you the most power. The pro-tune will be the most worthwhile at this point, until you are ready to upgrade the turbo...

Me, I'd save up a chunk, and do injectors, fuel pump, downpipe, and a nice stock frame turbo all at once when getting a tune.

Good luck!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
agree with the above, at this point you picked up the low hanging HP. Might as well throw on a turbo and the other necessary mods and get a tune.