Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

KN intake problems

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KN intake problems

As you guys can tell im new to the evo world. I had an e46 m3 before this and I wanted a tuner car.

Anyway, heres my problem. I ordererd the typhoon intake and the upper pipe fits perfect. I cant get the actual intake to stay on the turbo. its like loose? I tried almost everything. I even called KN and they said it only fits up to 2013 which is bs. I have a 2014 GSR.

I got the car to run and drive. but 1. theres a service engine light. and 2. the rpm's are sky high. It idles at 3k.

Any idea what to do here? I hope this is in the right section
Old Apr 19, 2014, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by trchredsvt
....heres my problem. I ordererd the typhoon intake and the upper pipe fits perfect. I cant get the actual intake to stay on the turbo. its like loose? I tried almost everything. I even called KN and they said it only fits up to 2013 which is bs. I have a 2014 GSR.....Any idea what to do here? I hope this is in the right section
if you were careful when you unpacked your Typhoon when you received your intake from UPS, and you saved the original boxes....then rebox it and sell it in the classified forums. Or better yet, return it and get your $$ back since it does not fit what it was designed to fit.

Call Mike at ETS and order their intake and UICP.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

I have personally installed 2 x K&N typhoon kits, one on my 2013 GSR, and another on my friends 2014 GSR. There is no difference, and install went well on both cars. It is a bit difficult to clamp the intake pipe onto the turbo inlet, but use a light, get right in there and get it done You just need to make sure the pipe is pushed onto the turbo inlet all the way, and make sure the clamp is straight and that it tightens well.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by sparky
if you were careful when you unpacked your Typhoon when you received your intake from UPS, and you saved the original boxes....then rebox it and sell it in the classified forums. Or better yet, return it and get your $$ back since it does not fit what it was designed to fit.

Thanks cheif. Your comment was a real help.

I got it on and the car runs perfect. Im happy with it
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks cheif. Your comment was a real help.

I got it on and the car runs perfect. Im happy with it
Lol that was the comment that helped you get it on?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zebra4
Lol that was the comment that helped you get it on?
Motivation