Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

MAP, AMS Magnus CMC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAP, AMS Magnus CMC

I have had my Competition Twin clutch in for about 6 months. I have the CMC that was replaced under the recall on my 2012. My clutch has been acting strange for 3 or 4 months now and I finally figured out it's the CMC. It's not leaking, it's allowing the fluid to pass through back in the clutch/brake reservoir. I am going to order the CMC upgrade and from what I can see all three use the Evo 8/9 CMC. Since they basically use the same part, is there something notability better about the AMS to justify the cost? If it's better in some way, I will go with it, but from my basic knowledge of what the kits include, they all seem to be a plate to mount it and a linkage so not sure how that may differ.

I am leaning towards the MAP if there is really not much of a difference. I couldn't really find any reviews on it though.

Thank you
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:02 AM

I went with the MAP kit and is currently in the shop getting it installed along with other goodies.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whickedGSR
I went with the MAP kit and is currently in the shop getting it installed along with other goodies.
I ended up with the AMS but only because Map was out of a part for their CMC and I didn't want to wait. Had it installed yesterday.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Uscbryan
I ended up with the AMS but only because Map was out of a part for their CMC and I didn't want to wait. Had it installed yesterday.
how do you like it so far?

I purchased an EVO 9 CMC, but still deciding on which kit to get
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2012EvoXGSR
how do you like it so far?

I purchased an EVO 9 CMC, but still deciding on which kit to get
It's been good. Works better than my failing stock CMC was so that's a plus. Lol it's nice that it can be adjusted. I was able to lower the pedal quite a bit so that helped. The Twin clutch grabs kind of high but that's not the CMCs fault but at least lowering the pedal some I'm not having to hold my foot up so high. I don't seem to be getting locked out like I use to but haven't really raced with it yet either. Maybe the lock out issue was just me trying to shift faster than my foot was pressing the clutch. I can only test that in a race situation when nerves play a part.

As far as which one is better, to me they all look like a block of metal and a linkage so not sure there is much of a difference but maybe a person that has installed a few different ones knows more.