Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

help! loud bang when putting car in gear

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015 | 08:53 AM

help! loud bang when putting car in gear

Hey everyone, I have a 2014 gsr. It has about 5k miles on it. I bought the car brand new. After the car has warmed up and driven for a couple of miles, when I put the car in 1st gear, I hear a bang. It sounds like it's coming from the rear differential, and sometimes the front differential as well. If I take my foot off the clutch and engage first again, it happens again. The weird thing is, It only happens sometimes. This only occurs at some stops, not all.

Any ideas? Is it a diff, driveshaft problem, etc?

Only mods to the car are hks cat back exhaust and aem intake
Old May 4, 2015 | 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like its prolly just a mechanical noise of the diff. I hear it sometimes on mine usually when going from reverse to 1st if im just sitting still. Like a bump sound. Looks like your still under warranty just take it in.
Old May 4, 2015 | 11:14 PM

I showed it to the tech, and he wasn't sure what the problem was, so I needa show the field rep the issue. I currently have a cat back and an intake. You guys think I should take those off before showing the rep the issue?
Old May 5, 2015 | 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Depends on the dealer.
Old May 5, 2015 | 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

I got a click click click coming from the rear diff on my 14 GSR. Dealer ordered a new diff. I got a catback, if u wanna call that a mod lol.
Old May 24, 2015 | 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Evodetailer123
I showed it to the tech, and he wasn't sure what the problem was, so I needa show the field rep the issue. I currently have a cat back and an intake. You guys think I should take those off before showing the rep the issue?
Couldn't hurt if you have the time...
Old May 31, 2015 | 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thomar
I got a click click click coming from the rear diff on my 14 GSR. Dealer ordered a new diff. I got a catback, if u wanna call that a mod lol.
Just wanted to add that the dealer changed the rear diff under warranty but the clicking is still there, so that wasnt it. I still think its coming from the passenger side rear disk brake assembly. Time will prove I'm correct.
Have you remedied your problem yet via a dealer?