Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Kit

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Full Race Kit

I know this kit has been discussed a couple of times, but I just want to see if its really logical for my set up. Right now I have full bolt ons, stock turbo e85. I want to do a turbo upgrade, but theres nothing stock frame thatll get me to my goal of 600whp for now (besides gtx3576r but let me explain myself) I would be getting the 8374 turbo, mani, intake, piping, and dp with this kit. This kit would get me way past my goal but obviously I would have it tuned down to around what I want. I am planning on building my motor, most likely a 2.2..will I be okay running this turbo kit with some cams on stock block? is it reasonable? since I am planning on doing a build later I can use the turbo to its full potential when that time comes. this way instead of spending money on one turbo just to sell it and buy another kit I can buy the kit for about $5k all at once and reach my power goal now and then what it will be after my build.
Old May 12, 2015, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or put the 5k toward the built motor first and run the stock turbo like Murlo. He seems to be having fun with that setup.

If you put the full race kit on a stock motor, you will still only be able to make 380 torque, so unlikely to be running 600whp.

Murlo also made 600+whp on the ef-4. Since you said, there are no stock options at 600whp. Pretty sure black can get there also.
Old May 12, 2015, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chriswolf81
Or put the 5k toward the built motor first and run the stock turbo like Murlo. He seems to be having fun with that setup.

If you put the full race kit on a stock motor, you will still only be able to make 380 torque, so unlikely to be running 600whp.

Murlo also made 600+whp on the ef-4. Since you said, there are no stock options at 600whp. Pretty sure black can get there also.
Baka showed me a map of an evo he tuned and it made 580whp and 400wtq on mustang dyno just cams. I just kind of feel like a built 2.2(or so) would be a waste on stock turbo. I saw his thread a week or so ago I'm gonna have to find it again and see his results. I've heard not so very good things about the map ef turbos, plus then when I do a motor build I'll need to buy the turbo kit again even after dropping $2k(?+-) not sure how much the ef4 costs and then another $5k to the turbo kit. Since I do want higher goals than 600 after a while. Also the car Baka tuned has been on the power/torque level for some time now, with track time.
Old May 13, 2015, 03:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
built motor stock turbo would be really fun to drive all the tq omgggg haha
you can bolt that turbo kit up and make whatever it makes but it is a huggee ticking time bomb if It could last a long time or it could take days to go. It will blow just when will it blow is the question.

SO can you yes!!! will it last probably not.
I say build motor rock it out beat crap out of it stock turbo then upgrade.
Old May 13, 2015, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by theblackbeast11
built motor stock turbo would be really fun to drive all the tq omgggg haha
you can bolt that turbo kit up and make whatever it makes but it is a huggee ticking time bomb if It could last a long time or it could take days to go. It will blow just when will it blow is the question.

SO can you yes!!! will it last probably not.
I say build motor rock it out beat crap out of it stock turbo then upgrade.
I think murlo made just over 400 torque on his built 2.2. Which isn't a lot but I mean stock turbo so it'd be crazy fun. I think I'm gonna go crazy with a build first make sure it'll be good for like 8-900 whp and then have a lot of fun with stock turbo until I save up more for the turbo kit. Just gotta look into a build plan now!!
Old May 13, 2015, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makes most sense.

Also blowing a motor depending on what fails can add plenty of $'s. If you need a new block, you add 2k to the motor built right there.

Good luck I want a built motor too
Old May 13, 2015, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chriswolf81
Makes most sense.

Also blowing a motor depending on what fails can add plenty of $'s. If you need a new block, you add 2k to the motor built right there. L
Mm
Good luck I want a built motor too
Yea exactly I wouldn't want to pay extra money if I can just avoid it in the first place.
I'm planning ahead, I'm saving all the money and I'm gonna start buying parts slowly and most likely do it in near the end of summer so I can enjoy the weather with my evo
Old May 13, 2015, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
get the efr 7670. You won't hit 600 but it pairs up nicely with the stock block. Toss some ams TMP cams to keep the top end alive.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
get the efr 7670. You won't hit 600 but it pairs up nicely with the stock block. Toss some ams TMP cams to keep the top end alive.
But then when I build my motor ill be left out of turbo..talked to murlo and he actually made 450 hp and 540 torque which is crazy for the stock turbo. Looks like building a 2.2 is gonna happen before the turbo kit comes.