Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hard clutch Pedal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Hard clutch Pedal

i just got a 08 Evo X GSR Rally Red with the SSS package it has 37000 miles

this is my first standard car and im learning on it so im not to sure how other cars feel but i think the clutch pedal is really had to push and the engage point is pretty high.

in order for me to get it going i have to release the clutch really slow until the car starts to roll a little and then i give it gas or i can keep the gas just above 1k rpm and do the same im just having a really hard time taking off at stop lights idk if its because im nervous and releasing the clutch to fast or if there is an easier way Please help i need to make a drive from Dallas to San Antonio in a few weeks
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep practicing my young grasshopper.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
hard clutch pedal > soft/squishy pedal

practice, practice, practice. it'll all come in time
Old Sep 5, 2015, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been driving standards for 23 years and my evos clutch is worse than some tractors I've driven. So you picked a tricky transmission to learn on imo. Good news is once you've master this car you should be able to drive a regular standard car straight up a cliff face. Also keep in mind it's a 4 cylinder so slightly more rpms than say a v8 helps before you engage the clutch. Or else the engine tends to "lug" or stall on these cars.

Also, do you happen to know if it has a lightened fly wheel? Mine does now and that made starts from a stand still even more unpleasant. Nature of the lightened rotational mass.

Last edited by ghozt; Sep 5, 2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hard clutch Pedal

Originally Posted by ghozt
I've been driving standards for 23 years and my evos clutch is worse than some tractors I've driven. So you picked a tricky transmission to learn on imo. Good news is once you've master this car you should be able to drive a regular standard car straight up a cliff face. Also keep in mind it's a 4 cylinder so slightly more rpms than say a v8 helps before you engage the clutch. Or else the engine tends to "lug" or stall on these cars.

Also, do you happen to know if it has a lightened fly wheel? Mine does now and that made starts from a stand still even more unpleasant. Nature of the lightened rotational mass.
This is true. I have driven lots of manuals over the years and this clutch is the trickiest to master by far. Keep at it!